US$104
US$94
US$194
Philmar House(Ballincar)(Great Value!)
US$140
SURF & STAY(Strandhill)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$104
  • Beachfront
All reviewskids clubcrazy golffamily suiteswimming poolfamily breakbar staffleisure centrefood was lovelyeaster breakhen partya lovely stayduty managerlovely hotelfriday nightchecking instaff were lovelytea coffee
Reviewed 28 November 2017

I stayed here for business in the summer. First impression when the cab pulled up was it looked like an old hospital, or municipal building. Finding my room only confirmed that. Very long corridors that had an institutional feel! Room was very average and a drab decor.

I grabbed some dinner from the restaurant which was pretty uninspiring and the staff were generally young and inexperienced. Had a bad experience on check-out as my room was pre-paid on account and they claimed to have no knowledge of this until I kicked up a fuss. Certainly wouldn't rush back if I'm in Sligo again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
ClaytonSligo, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear Haydnw,

Thank you for taking the time to review the property following your recent stay here. We have never hid the fact that this beautiful old stone building was indeed a hospital and in fact we have a facts sheet available at reception with a brief history. We may have some young staff working in the restaurant but they have plenty of experience behind them at this point. I do apologize for the mix up at reception but I am glad it was rectified prior to your departure.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night recently before a work meeting. The room was a very good size. The room was very clean although the decor seemed a little dated. The bathroom was in need of a little upgrade but was very adequate. Bar food was good and the staff in the bar were friendly. Breakfast was also good with a wide variety to choose from.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
ClaytonSligo, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Dear Ian,

Thank you so much for such a kind review following your recent stay here with us in Sligo. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Visited the Clarion with two friends for lunch. We had the fish platter and the fish and chips. Overall the food was poor especially the prawns which were wet, soggy and tasteless. As I recommended the location, I was very embarrassed by the experience.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank James M
ClaytonSligo, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear James,

I was on duty on the day in question, you ate in Bulbens bar in a small group. You fail to mention that we offered to replace the one meal which was deemed to be tasteless which your group declined. We would never fail to replace food which was found to be improper or lacking in taste.
You also fail to mention that the whole group refused to pay for the entire meal. which included soup for starters.
That being said, I do apologize for the experience and we would hope to see you return in future and not be judged on one prawn from a fish platter. We offer so much more than this and we would love the opportunity to change your mind in future.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

nice rooms,very poor food in the bar,great wait staff.complained about the noise next door and was told they could make as much noise as they wanted before 11 pm,Breakfast next morning was average and luke warm.wouldnt return.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank quincy195

Dear Quincy195,

Thank you for your review of our hotel following your recent stay here in Sligo.
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here and also to apologise for your experience.We would hope you return in future to experience the true service levels we strive to provide. I would have been happy to offer you a room move had this been brought to my attention. Thank you for pointing out the good points of your stay also. We hope to see you again in future should the opportunity arise.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

I stayed in the Clayton Sligo on 18th of November for a ball that was being held in the hotel. I rang room service and asked them to bring something to the room. After about half an hour they brought the wrong thing, then I had to ring and ask them to bring up the correct thing. After another half an hour they rang the room to see had it been delivered and I told them it hadn't, they said it would be delivered in 2 minutes. After about 20 minutes I rang reception and they said they'd send someone up straight away with it, only for them to call back 5 mins later to say they were out of it.

The food served at the ball was only average, and when I asked for a special dietary requirement one of the servers gave me a disdainful look didn't answer me and walked away. I don't think I'd stay here again especially considering the price of the room.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Ruairi,

I would like to apologize for your room service issue on the night in question. Sayinbg that, I was on the desk and also in the lobby all evening and I do not recall any matter such as this coming to my attention. This must have occurred after the ball had finished which was in the region of 4 a.m. We would hope you return in future to experience the true service levels we strive to provide. I have previously answered 1 other review from this night and included the letter of thanks we received from your organizers thanking us for everything, especially the food and service on the night.