2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$139
eDreamsUS$139
Agoda.comUS$139
TripadvisorUS$139
Hotels.com
All reviews train station lobby area leisure centre bit dated town centre lovely hotel staff were lovely good nights sleep bar staff weekend break fires ireland strandhill
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 September 2020 via mobile

I spent one night here with my daughter. Our bedroom and bathroom were very clean and comfortable. There were sufficient hand sanitiser dispensers around the hotel. We had a drink outside and all staff we met were friendly and efficient. The location is excellent, being close to the many lovely restaurants in the city. I would like to stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Gretta M
Management Team Sligo Southern Hotel , Sales at Sligo Southern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2020

Dear Gretta M,

Thank you for you review, great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sligo Southern Hotel in the near future

Reviewed 25 September 2020

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here last night. The staff were amazing, especially the lady at the front desk. We felt very safe regarding Covid 19 as they were very thorough and even refused entry to a person coming in that had not quarantined from UK. Great central location.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank hattrickmac

Dear hattrickmac,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback, we really appreciate same in these challenging times.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 24 September 2020 via mobile

Disgusting customer service and I would warn everybody do not book this hotel. I had it booked and was on my way to the venue when they decided to cancel my booking at 4pm of the date of my stay! I have been living in Ireland the past month for work purposes but had my credit card address which I booked with as U.K. due to that being my home. I called the manager who was no help what so ever making up excuses when the reason they cancelled was they saw I was a U.K. citizen and asking for outrageous “evidence” such as a quarantine ticket- nobody had the courtesy to call me or anything just simply cancelled on the day and made wild assumptions I have COVID as I am British! Will be taking this discrimination further

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Danny,

Firstly we apologise that we could not accommodate you in the hotel. The reasoning being is that we are following our Government guidelines which vary slightly to that of the British governments. The UK was not listed on the green list (countries you do not have to quarantine after travelling from). Our sales manager made several attempts to contact you via mobile several times to ask for confirmation that you have proof of restricting your movements when you arrived in Ireland. We did not ask for a “quarantine ticket” (as no such thing exists) we asked for proof of your last hotel booking to show you had self-isolated or a copy of a negative Covid-19 test. We have had several international guests stay recently who were able to provide proof of either on request and understand the rationale behind it. No member of our staff claimed you had covid due to your nationality, we do not discriminate in our hotel we are welcoming to all nationalities. We simply are following our government guidelines & industry expert advice as we take Health & safety very seriously here in the hotel and we are looking out for our guests and staff health during this global pandemic.”

Reviewed 23 September 2020

Loved the Sligo Southern. The room was great, everything we expected. They have all the COVID meausres in place and we felt very safe. The staff couldn't do enough for us. We will definitely be back soon!

2  Thank eefap
Management Team Sligo Southern Hotel , Sales at Sligo Southern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2020

Dear eefap,

Great to hear you loved our hotel and enjoyed your stay. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future

Reviewed 23 September 2020

I recently stayed at the Sligo Southern with my partner and I really felt the need to come on here and give them a good review. I was very impressed with the welcome from the staff. From the reception to the bar staff I really could fault any of them. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the bar and restaurant were lovely. There was no hassle with any covid guidelines. The staff were all following the recommendations and we never felt like there were people on top of us or we had to interact with any other guests so well done to the management for that.

Overall, great stay, I am picky about hotels and I was very happy with the Sligo Southern.

1  Thank foxtj8

Dear foxtj8,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, it is always great to hear when guests appreciate our team and the effort we put in to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and safe stay

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future