“Poor waiting staff”

Osta Cafe and Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Sligo
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: The heart of Sligo - for a quick cup of excellent coffee and fresh homebaking, for a light lunch of the best of local produce, for 'small plates' and a glass of wine or for Sunday Brunch. Great warm atmosphere and a great place to meet people!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went in with my boyfriend for pancakes and asked for gluten free ones. After the waitress repeated back to me the words gluten free and I checked with another waitress who brought down our food that they were gluten free, we went to the til and there was no additional charge for being gluten free! I asked once again, were they really gluten free and the waitress who took our order said ‘sorry I didn’t hear you’! I don’t know how not one but two waitresses failed to make sure the order was correct when being served! I don’t have to say how important it is for celiacs to avoid gluten!! Also, the waitress who took our order kept talking over us, being a waitress myself I thought this was poor customer service, you should always allow the customer to explain their order completely!

Denise T, General Manager at Osta Cafe and Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi - this is completely contrary to all training which our staff receives as we are all aware of the dangers of allergens. I would be sincerely grateful if you could contact me directly so that we can find out what happened. I am so sorry for any distress this might have caused and look forward to hearing more. My direct email is info@osta.ie and I look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes
Brid

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Great little café with extensive menu on the banks of the Garavogue River. Great for lunch and all "lite bites" - paté with a glass of wine on a good day watching the swans swim by is hard beated. Central location so ideal when shopping, banking etc. Good selection for vegetarians/ coeliac etc

Reviewed 29 November 2017

One of the worst eating experiences I've had.High prices, low quality. They really need to step up their game.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Had a really nice brunch here. Amazing pancakes and eggs. We were with our 2 year old too and staff were very accommodating. Will be back

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We had brunch here, sitting outside along the roaring river.
The outdoor tables are sheltered from the sun or rain, (or sometimes both at the same time!).
The staff are friendly and table service is available.
We enjoyed the food and coffee in this very central café by the main bridge in the town.
Well worth a visit.