“Disaster”

Sun, 11/4
20:00
Ranked #9 of 50 Restaurants in Tullamore
Price range: US$26 - US$40
Description: The Balcone Italiano Restaurant is located on the mezzanine level of the Bridge House Hotel at the heart of Tullamore and is one of Offaly’s most loved Italian eateries with native Italian chefs it brings a culinary flare to the midlands that hasn’t been seen before. Enjoy a fresh mix of home-made pastas and pizzas which are made daily in house. The restaurant also offers a range of steaks, chicken and vegetarian dishes. Choose from a range of delectable Italian desserts and expertly made coffees.
Reviewed 13 December 2020 via mobile

I dined in this restaurant last night, service was absolutley terrible, waiting over 25 minutes each time for a drink, some of the main courses were brought out to the table while we were still eating the starters, and then the rest of the main courses brought out 30 minutes later, the food wasn't good, starters bad, steak wasn't good and desert absolutley terrible, terrible experience all round

Date of visit: December 2020
Write a reviewReviews (263)

Reviewed 31 July 2020 via mobile

Amazing food. The starter was lovly cheese garlic bread. There dinner pasta dish with garlic bread. Then my daughter got a pizza. The staff were brilliant. We be back again.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 26 July 2020 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on Sunday about 2.30 pm for lunch on our way to Cork. It was an excellent choice. We had three of the Italian dishes on the menu. The food was plentiful, tasty and well presented.Service was prompt and efficient. The staff were pleasant and correct. There was good social distancing between the tables and the staff wore masks/visors. We would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 10 March 2020

I dined at this restaurant last weekend and had an amazing experience! I was with my boyfriend and his family celebrating his birthday. The place was packed and we got to wait in the lovely bar area with comfy chairs while the waitress cleared a table for us. Our waitress was lovely and was smiling and chatting with us despite how busy the restaurant was. I had soup for a starter, a gorgeous vegetable soup (more bread was needed is all I’ll say though) and steak for my main course. The steak was cooked exactly to my liking, and the flavour was incredible. I felt it was definitely worth the price. The wine was great too. Thank you to Laura our waitress for her great work and making sure we were well looked after.

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank sxrahm
Reviewed 5 February 2020

I had the spinach gnocchi with eggplant, and my spouse had seafood pasta. Very good! We ordered a bottle of Chianti, and it was delicious.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank wendyaS2552CQ
LouiseL362, General Manager at Balcone Italiano Tullamore, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2020

Hi Wendy,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Look forward to welcoming you back to The Balcone Italiano Restaurant!

All the best