Travelocity
eDreams
StayForLong
CheapTickets
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 June 2019

We spent 8 days at the farm and it was heavenly. The rooms are clean, spacious and very comfortable. We often used the sitting areas and had fresh flowers placed or a fire built for our comfort and enjoyment many times. The food was amazing - really delicious! We rode once or twice a day and the horses are well schooled and matched to the riders abilities. Instruction (lessons) were top notch and fun. The family and employees were universally kind and welcoming. We were quickly assisted with getting taxis to do afternoon or evening excursions. We even had a limo to go to the nearby races and came home to a freshly baked warm coffee cake and cream with tea. I can’t say enough about Annaharvey farm. It was a dream come true. When can a vacation be more than you could have dreamed? I hope that I’m able to come back one day!

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2019

small room,had a job to get in shower,no television in room,made to think we were not wanted,fair breakfast,but had better.would not go again,rated the worse of 5 places we stopped at in our trip around ireland

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Annaharveyfarm, Owner at Annaharvey Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2019

We are sorry you had such an unfortunate experience on arrival - perhaps you could give us your booking reference so we can look into the delay as your feeling of "not being wanted" would be most unusual, and not part of our family ethos.
kind regards
Lynda

Reviewed 22 May 2019

If you are looking for that wonderful, easygoing Irish hospitality, a comfy and quiet place to stay and an amazing riding experience, look no further than Annaharvey Farm B&B. I stumbled upon their "Stay and Ride" offer while doing a last minute search for a place to stay in County Kildare to end my April visit, and what a great find this was.

My room was very clean and cozy, with a very comfortable bed, ensuite bathroom and more than enough bath towels; the hall linen shelves had plenty of additional towels, blow dryers, etc. The guest sitting area off the reception area was nicely stocked with various drinks as well as cushy chairs and lots of reading material (be sure to look through "The Horses of Annaharvey Farm" coffer table book as you enjoy a cup of tea).

During a very tasty breakfast, I was asked what I would like to do for the 2-hour "Ride" part of my visit and this cowgirl had an amazing groundwork lesson with Evelyn, a knowledgeable and pleasant instructor. After the lesson, I switched horses and we hacked out, my first time on an Irish Sport Horse. As with any riding in Ireland, be honest about your level of riding experience so you're not overwhelmed. I always ride in an english saddle a few times before I come to Ireland from the States, so if you're a mostly western rider like me, you might want to as well.

I am already looking forward to returning next year perhaps later in the spring so I am in better riding shape for a jump lesson. At any rate, Annaharvey Farm is now part of my Ireland tradition!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank LoveMyPaintHorse
Reviewed 15 April 2019

Farmhouse b&b with hard working Lynda always in motion, Henry and the boys hard at work on the farm, Charlotte and the girls keeping things lively...
There is of course a rooster crowing at dawn but I slept through him the second night. Horses neighing... superb.
There’s breakfast made to order, a reasonable variety unlike many b&b we stayed at in the past. A very enjoyable stay!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank scubalover61
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere within an easy drive to Dublin port which also welcomed pets. After calling to double check we could bring our dog we set off for Annaharvey Farm. We felt very welcome and were made to feel at home with a help yourself to tea and coffee and an honesty bar for drinks. Their were toys, games and books a plenty. Our two young daughters settled themselves down on the sofa to watch a bit of tv with our dog at our feet.
The bedroom was large with En-suite and suited our needs. Breakfast was amazing and with a later check out time of 11am, we had opportunity to pack our bags then gave a wonder of the grounds. Our youngest loved going into the stables to meet the horses.
Although we had booked this as a stop gap between camping in County Kerry and our ferry journey back to the UK I would definitely consider returning with a view to book a week package with horse riding. I would highly recommend this b&b to anyone wishing to stay outside of Dublin or those with an equestrian background looking for a break with a difference.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Annaharveyfarm, Owner at Annaharvey Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Many thanks for theses kind comments, we enjoyed meeting you & your family and you would all be very welcome back anytime
best wishes from all in Annaharvey Farm.