Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 June 2019

small room,had a job to get in shower,no television in room,made to think we were not wanted,fair breakfast,but had better.would not go again,rated the worse of 5 places we stopped at in our trip around ireland

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Annaharveyfarm, Owner at Annaharvey Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2019

We are sorry you had such an unfortunate experience on arrival - perhaps you could give us your booking reference so we can look into the delay as your feeling of "not being wanted" would be most unusual, and not part of our family ethos.
kind regards
Lynda

Reviewed 22 May 2019

If you are looking for that wonderful, easygoing Irish hospitality, a comfy and quiet place to stay and an amazing riding experience, look no further than Annaharvey Farm B&B. I stumbled upon their "Stay and Ride" offer while doing a last minute search for a place to stay in County Kildare to end my April visit, and what a great find this was.

My room was very clean and cozy, with a very comfortable bed, ensuite bathroom and more than enough bath towels; the hall linen shelves had plenty of additional towels, blow dryers, etc. The guest sitting area off the reception area was nicely stocked with various drinks as well as cushy chairs and lots of reading material (be sure to look through "The Horses of Annaharvey Farm" coffer table book as you enjoy a cup of tea).

During a very tasty breakfast, I was asked what I would like to do for the 2-hour "Ride" part of my visit and this cowgirl had an amazing groundwork lesson with Evelyn, a knowledgeable and pleasant instructor. After the lesson, I switched horses and we hacked out, my first time on an Irish Sport Horse. As with any riding in Ireland, be honest about your level of riding experience so you're not overwhelmed. I always ride in an english saddle a few times before I come to Ireland from the States, so if you're a mostly western rider like me, you might want to as well.

I am already looking forward to returning next year perhaps later in the spring so I am in better riding shape for a jump lesson. At any rate, Annaharvey Farm is now part of my Ireland tradition!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank LoveMyPaintHorse
Reviewed 15 April 2019

Farmhouse b&b with hard working Lynda always in motion, Henry and the boys hard at work on the farm, Charlotte and the girls keeping things lively...
There is of course a rooster crowing at dawn but I slept through him the second night. Horses neighing... superb.
There’s breakfast made to order, a reasonable variety unlike many b&b we stayed at in the past. A very enjoyable stay!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank scubalover61
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere within an easy drive to Dublin port which also welcomed pets. After calling to double check we could bring our dog we set off for Annaharvey Farm. We felt very welcome and were made to feel at home with a help yourself to tea and coffee and an honesty bar for drinks. Their were toys, games and books a plenty. Our two young daughters settled themselves down on the sofa to watch a bit of tv with our dog at our feet.
The bedroom was large with En-suite and suited our needs. Breakfast was amazing and with a later check out time of 11am, we had opportunity to pack our bags then gave a wonder of the grounds. Our youngest loved going into the stables to meet the horses.
Although we had booked this as a stop gap between camping in County Kerry and our ferry journey back to the UK I would definitely consider returning with a view to book a week package with horse riding. I would highly recommend this b&b to anyone wishing to stay outside of Dublin or those with an equestrian background looking for a break with a difference.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Annaharveyfarm, Owner at Annaharvey Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Many thanks for theses kind comments, we enjoyed meeting you & your family and you would all be very welcome back anytime
best wishes from all in Annaharvey Farm.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

As a long time rider, I wanted to make sure I experienced some great cross country riding/jumping while on my first trip to Ireland, so booked 2 nights here and am so glad I did! My husband is a non-rider, but we had a rental car and he was able to go off to explore while I rode, or come along with me and video which was great! A quick note on lodging--we found the farmhouse to be adorable and charming with a comfortable bed.( It is not a 5 star hotel as some earlier reviewers seemed surprised to find out.) It is however, very cozy, comfortable, and welcoming, with a lovely breakfast room and great sitting areas inside and out. The Wi-Fi can be a little touch and go, but this is case throughout most of Ireland and you're here for the riding anyways, right?! Since we don't really have anything comparable to this kind of set-up in America, I was curious as to how everything would be scheduled, how valuable the lessons would actually be, etc. Everything exceeded my expectations! At breakfast each morning you are asked your riding experience on the first day and then how you would like to spend your 2 hours of riding--you can pick from Show Jumping, Cross Country, Dressage, and Hacking. You can mix and match however you like and let the stable manager know what kind of horse you would prefer and what you would like to work on. Shortly after, they return with your schedule for the day--ex. 10am Show Jumping and 12pm Cross Country. It's like every rider's dream! How I wish I could have such a selection every day! They were also helpful in scheduling to fit your needs--my husband and I preferred to have our afternoons free to explore, and they easily set up my schedule this way. All you have to do then, is show up in the stable ready to ride at your appointed time. Horses are tacked for you, but you can request to tack if you wish. I took 2 Show Jumping lessons, 1 Cross Country, and 1 Dressage lesson (opted to switch from CC to Dressage last minute as it was raining heavily!). I was very impressed with how quickly the instructors gauged my ability and challenged me to work harder in all of my lessons. I took Show Jumping and Dressage with Nieve, who kept me working hard the whole time, asking me to improve both the horse's movement and my own position throughout the lesson, and offering much praise for a job well done. I requested easy, uncomplicated jumpers so I could focus on my position and trust that they would do their job--for Show Jumping they paired me well with Sully the first day and Clover the second. Both were Irish Sport Horses who knew their job and were some of the nicest responsive school horses I've been on. For Cross Country I hit the jackpot and was assigned the most beautiful Irish Draught, Herbert! He was an absolute joy and a great confidence builder for me, as I had not done any cross country riding in many years, and never jumped much more then a few small logs here and there. Margo took me out and we talked a little about my background and she had me go over some small logs to warm up. I felt pretty comfortable with that, but somehow within 15 minutes she had me going through water, over drops, stone walls, coffins, and some pretty decent sized logs with spreads! I felt like I could have jumped the moon with this horse, he was simply wonderful--point and shoot, rate speed, and stay out of his way, and he would jump anything for you. It was an absolute dream for me! Kudos to Margo for her ability to recognize I was capable of more then I knew, and giving me such an opportunity. On my second day as mentioned, I chose not to ride cross country in the heavy rain (it would have been a disappointment compared to such a fabulous ride the first day), and was able to ride Herbert for an indoor Dressage lesson instead. I found him to be wonderful on the flat as well, and Nieve gave another great challenging lesson. It was such a fabulous two days of riding, with great people and horses, I have set my goal to come back next year for a whole week! *(Adding pictures below--for those interested in videos, I have added mine to You Tube--search Annaharvey Farm).

Suggestion to the farm: If you are able to find a way to have lessons videoed for an additional fee, I think that would be most useful and very popular! I would certainly pay a reasonable amount for this service. (Still photos would also be great!) My husband was able to video my rides on the first day but not the second. However, I saw specific things on the videos in my position that I worked to focus on for day 2, but my husband was not able to video the second day--it would have been great to see the improvements that Nieve mentioned she noticed! Also it was wonderful to have the cross country videos especially, as a great holiday memory.

Date of stay: July 2018