Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews chess board charleville castle next morning hosts breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 June 2019 via mobile

Myself and my husband stayed here for 1 night. Hosts were friendly and polite. The bed was very comfortable and the room was nice and clean. Great choice for breakfast, which was delicious. Beautiful place and good location Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank clionar2015
Reviewed 18 May 2019 via mobile

I agree with much of what is written in other reviews of this guesthouse. It is clean, quiet and nicely decorated. The breakfast is fine. The price is reasonable. However to echo some other reviewers I had an issue with the host. I raised a small issue with him. I was unsure about the cost when I paid and I questioned this. I think I was polite in how I put this but the response I got was abrupt and impatient. There was a total lack of goodwill in this interaction. I was disappointed and I will not stay again.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank AoifeTrips
Reviewed 13 May 2019 via mobile

Visited with family for a family party so just needed somewhere to lay our heads.

Upon arrival we were greeted with a friendly welcome and quickly shown to our room. The room was pleasant, clean & had all we required for an overnight stay. Would've preferred individual toiletries as opposed to the premier inn style shower dispenser but i can see the logic in it. The bed was comfy & the drinks amenities came in handy.
The guest house has a cosy lounge downstairs with a lovely fire, chess board & books which came in handy whilst congregating with family.
Breakfast the next day was ok, i asked for a variation (bacon on toast as opposed to full Irish) which was accommodated no problem but the bread was quite past best. The rest was fine though & family were happy.
Location to the shops was pretty handy, just a few minutes walk from the main street.

For what we paid this guest house was good value for money, the stay overall was pleasant & I would probably book here again if we visit Tullamore again with family.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 488lucys
Reviewed 8 May 2019

No breakfast service early at weekends, even though I had paid for it. No apologies, just told the staff wouldn't be in. Could have offered to leave out cereal or something. I ended going to the local garage to buy breakfast.
Also told I could not bring food up to the room. then proceeded to have the front door shut in my face, and told I had a key, as the owner welcomed an elderly couple.
Bedrooms very dated, cold and not very comfortable.
Had stayed here years ago and enjoyed it then, but certainly would never return.
A general feeling of unwelcome.

Room tip: Go elsewhere!
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Miriam P
Reviewed 23 April 2019

Myself and a small group of golfers stayed at The Sea Dew Guesthouse and were welcomed immediately by Frank on arrival. The fire was blazing, the TV was on and the whole house was lovely and warm, just perfect. The guest bedrooms were absolutely spotless, plenty of space and fresh linen was changed daily for the duration of our stay. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful and the coffee mug was always full. Everything about the stay made us feel welcome and at home. Our cars were safe and secure in a private carpark. The town center is 700mtrs away with plenty of bars & restaurants and to top it off it was Trad week in the town so all the pubs were electric with traditional music. This is an ideal location for anyone looking to play a host of golf courses the area has to offer from Tullamore Golf club, Esker Hills, New Forest and on. Thank you, Frank, we will be delighted to come back in the future again and we couldn’t recommend the Sea Dew Guesthouse highly enough to fellow travelers to the area.

Date of stay: April 2019