“Not worth the money or time”
Review of Jennys Kitchen

Jennys Kitchen
Ranked #20 of 50 Restaurants in Tullamore
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 12 October 2019

Don't let the admittedly lovely decor fool you. The staff was plain impolite (though there were very friendly to customers who, unlike me, were clearly regulars), the main meal was 70% fries (i ordered fish), and everything was way overpriced.

The sweet stuff (hot chocolate and dessert) were admittedly very nice and tasty, and I would consider coming back just for those if it weren't for the unpleasant staff.

Date of visit: October 2019
2  Thank phantasmasmus
Write a reviewReviews (35)

Reviewed 5 August 2019 via mobile

Went to Jenny’s kitchen for breakfast. I ordered a fry and everything on the plate was reheated. The plate itself was roasting hot, you couldn’t touch it without burning yourself and the beans were only Luke warm.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 16 March 2019 via mobile

This coffee shop is like having a cuppa at your granny's. They have the nicest little plates tea cups and saucers. All the little touches around the place give a nice feel to the place. It's very relaxing there. The staff are all very friendly especially Jenny herself and katherine. The food menu has such a wide variety even for people looking for a healthy option. From a simple home made scone and pastrys, salads and sandwiches to cooked breakfast and lunches. I always enjoy my visit here. They have homemade jams also available to buy and take home as well as being able to try on your heated scone or toast. Look forward to my next visit and recommend to anyone who hasn't yet been.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank ange17
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Ate here for breakfast over the weekend. The place looks great and is very clean. Decor is brilliant, a real afternoon tea vibe. Prices are good. Menu is large enough to cater for all tastes. Food was nice, although slightly cold. Poached eggs were hard as a rock - would have liked cooked a little less, perhaps I should have said that. Would eat here again.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank GFall88
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

I had eaten there once and my salad that came with the sandwich was gone off. I obviously did not learn from my mistake and a few days latter I got tea to go, on my last sip I felt something in my mouth and a hair ball. It was the most disgusting thing I ever experienced. How did she not see that when putting a tea bag in is beyond me, or did she just not care. Took me a few days to recover for that. I will never make that mistake ever again

Date of visit: September 2018