“Outstanding!”

Cuisines: European, French, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

We were in town for the National Ploughing Champs and based on TA reviews decided to eat here as we were staying in Tullamore.

From the moment we walked in the door the experience was outstanding. The service was great - prompt and efficient and the food was amazing. We were given complimentary bread and soup to start with which was lovely. For my main I had the steak which came with probably the best onion rings I’ve ever had, there was also French fries and a range of side dishes was served. For dessert we shared the platter which was also lovely. We were so full at the end!

It is really hard to fault anything from beginning to end. Well done Blue Apron!

2  Thank Jessica S

Reviewed 9 September 2018

We have been welcomed with an aperitif consisting of delicious brown bread, bacon scone, and some sweet bread. Before getting the entre and the main, they have offered another portion of the above-mentioned aperitif. Very nice of them.
The entre arrived quite quickly, I had stuffed mushrooms( mouth watering) and my boyfriend had poached pears with salad ( very nice one!!).
I had as main the best steak I have ever had ( rare to medium), they could not make it better, salad, roasted vegetables.
My partner had baked aubergine topped with some sort of vegetable mix ( it was part of a vegetarian menu).
The food was so good so there was no room left for the dessert.
The service was top class, the table was cleared straight after we had finished, very cozy atmosphere, not noisy at all.
A big thank you for those two girls that went above and beyond to accommodate us as initially, they did not have a table for the time we wanted, then they called us back saying that actually there was one available.
I would advise, however, to book in advance because it was full at the time we were sat at the table ( 7PM on a Friday evening).

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

If you’re up to for nice food that’s is definitely the place! The food is always fresh and so nice! And what desserts they do!!!!

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The menu has a great choice of starters and mains as well as some very tempting daily specials. Service is excellent, friendly but professional. The fayre is European with a Turkish influence and everything we chose was totally delicious.

1  Thank Minniem67
Reviewed 5 August 2018

We were lucky enough to be able to walk in on a Saturday night and get the only available table - and I am so glad we took the chance to see if we could get in! This is some of the best food we've had, and definitely the best we had during our stay in the Midlands.
We had the lamb and the Stilton croquettes and both were delicious - very different accompaniments, but equally amazing. I had the lamb shoulder, and my husband had the pork, and both were excellent - and the mashed potatoes were so good, I had seconds, and I usually don't like potatoes! Everything was prepared very thoughtfully and with great quality. The portions were reasonably large - we wanted dessert but couldn't manage it. The service was very good - we were well taken care of and never had to wait for anything, and I drink a lot of water, and these were small glasses.
This is the place to go for inventive, local cuisine.

1  Thank cwitkows