“Delightful Dinner”

Purple Iris Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 50 Restaurants in Tullamore
Price range: US$22 - US$30
Description: Our menu is a mix of international cuisine. We offer a wide variety of dishes including steak, seafood, pasta, Mexican and a delicious Sunday lunch menu. We also run an early bird menu throughout the week and from 5-7 on Fridays and Saturdays.
Reviewed 12 January 2019 via mobile

My partner and I visited this restaurant just last night! The food was fantastic, and the menu offers so much choices of meal! The interior is bright and inviting, although I question the decision to use frosted glass on the windows of the building (while taking into account the privacy of customers, this unfortunately makes the building look as though it is unoccupied).

Our server was a lovely young woman, who was attentive and friendly throughout the evening. There is a good selection of wines on the menu, and comfortable seating arrangements. Overall, I enjoyed my experience at Purple Iris and would love to dine there again sometime in the future!

Date of visit: January 2019
Write a reviewReviews (9)

Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

Myself and my wife made a last minute decision to head out New Year's Eve and try and get into a local restaurant without having made any booking. We landed in Purple Iris. They had a special menu for the night which was a 3 course meal for €29.95 each. We had a mushroom starter and also duck spring rolls, following by a duck main course and I had the 8 oz sirloin steak which had a €5 supplement. Sometimes in a restaurant, when you are expecting an 8 oz steak, it's easy to be disappointed and you think that no way is your steak 8 oz's and it's probably nearer 6 oz. On this occasion however, I think the steak was closer to a 10oz...yippee. I asked for it to be cooked medium and it was just perfect, not easy to do really. Potatoes, chips and veg were plentiful. We could only manage to share a sticky toffee pudding which was also excellent. Topped off with just 2 glasses of the house Italian white wine, our meal came to only €77, absolutely great value on New Year's Eve. Tullamore has a great selection of very good restaurants but I will definitely revisit, oh, staff were great too.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 11 December 2018

This is an excellent restaurant with a very good extensive menu and very pleasant staff., a very enjoyable experience and good value

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Myself and the hubby visited the purple iris yesterday even for the first time. We wer not dissapointed as our food was absolutely lovely the waiter was so nice and friendly and couldn't do enough for us and we was very impressed with the price.
We recommend a visit here and look forward t returning ourselves

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank ange17
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

My friends invited me to the recently opened The Purple Iris Restaurant::
We were greeted by Tony & his staff & made very welcome::
We all really enjoyed our food:
Which was delicious,& we had dessert & coffee:;
Fantastic food & service:;
It was reasonably priced:;
There was a lovely ambiance.
Best wishes & continued success to Leuke & staff:;