“Breakfast heaven”
Review of The Foxy Bean

The Foxy Bean
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Tullamore
Reviewed 11 August 2020 via mobile

We stopped for breakfast in Tullamore on a trip through the midlands for the August weekend, and our good fortune brought us to the Foxy Bean. Some seating outside but we ventured in and were showed to a table promptly. The place is fully kitted out to C19 compliances, yet you would hardly notice the intrusion, it is all so tastefully done and very welcoming, as were all of the waiting staff we met.

Our traditional cooked breakfasts were first rate, yet we also found ourselves looking at the couple next to us who had opted for French toast and wondered to ourselves should we have gone for that instead. Only one way to settle that one - a return visit definitely on the cards!!

Best wishes and keep up the good work, look forward to seeing you again.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank liambF1198YH
Write a reviewReviews (38)

Reviewed 30 July 2020

I popped in to the foxy bean on Wednesday 27th July off of a recommendation not from tullamore so needed THE breakfast spot its my favourite meal.
I called first to see if I needed to reserve a table for breakfast the waitress was super friendly and said they didn't take reservations but promised me to pop down and I wouldn't be waiting long for a table.

Decor is very bright and modern.I got a table almost straight away ,well a seat along the street facing out the window which I love that for people watching. Had the poached egg sourdough, avocado and red pesto. It was divine. Teamed it with a flat white which was delicious. No messing around everything came promptly and even though they were busy I did not feel rushed or that the staff were under pressure even though they were flipping tables like it was nobodies business.

Well worth the visit. Great staff yummy coffee and everything super reasonably priced. Will be making a return next time I'm in tullamore.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 19 May 2020 via mobile

Great coffee, friendly staff and a very clean and hygienic establishment,
Santiser available on enterance
Will be back

Date of visit: May 2020
Reviewed 25 February 2020

I have visited The Foxy Bean on a couple of occasions since its re-location. However, on my visit today I was so disappointed and couldn't believe the tiny luke warm bowl of soup and extremely thin brown soda bread served ! I must admit it was very tasty. Also, as I was seated close to the tiny kitchen I couldn't help it but be amazed to see staff preparing food eg. salad dishes without wearing gloves or even been appropriately dressed for working in a busy kitchen - especially at the moment with the danger of viruses very real indeed.

Date of visit: February 2020
264_inem, Owner at The Foxy Bean, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2020

Hi,

We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the foxy bean as we pride ourselves on delivering good quality food. In relation to the cold soup i have no idea how it was cold as it is served from our soup kettle but again all i can do is send my apologies.

We received food hygiene and haccap training as it is mandatory in the food business and it is at the chefs discretion to either wear gloves and change frequently or wash hands frequently we choose to wash our hands frequently but thanks for addressing the issue and we're sorry to hear of your experience once again

Reviewed 18 February 2020

The foxy bean is always buzzing on a Saturday morning! Warm and cosy and full of chatter! ASeat at the counter gives a great view to read the menus full of good things to eat! The French toast with crispy bacon and maple syrup is delicious and is served with a smile and friendly chat! A lovely place to retreat to for a rest and some comfort eating!!

Date of visit: February 2020
264_inem, Owner at The Foxy Bean, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2020

Hi maeve,

So glad you enjoyed your experience at the foxy bean. The foxy ladies pride themselves on their warm customer service and great food and coffee... always lovely to see the positive reviews thanks so much for taking the time out of your schedule to pop this up hope to see you soon