1,669 results
All reviews kids club thermal suite games room family hotel flip flops hen party bouncy castle fantastic hotel murder mystery bar food relaxation room outdoor hot tub second to none first class from start to finish family break would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We had our wedding here on the 24/2/18
It was a great day and a great venue everything ran like clockwork,the food and service were top class. We really appreciate the help we got from Linda during our preparations and on our Big day. Can’t praise this hotel highly enough.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
HillgroveHotel, Manager at Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Dominicwilliesmyth,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your wedding with us here at the Hillgrove Hotel. I am delighted to see that you both had a positive experience and I will pass your kind comments onto Linda and the team.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We spent Easter weekend here it was very busy but the staff although under pressure were very pleasant. The food was very good the rooms are large beds comfortable.the bathroom are good size but would have liked a walk in shower as bath is small . The only issue we had was the room was not cleaned or replenished with hygiene products or water we were left towel and bed was made during our stay. I was amazed that the swimming pool was not open at 8 15 am on Easter Monday apparently it opens late on bank holidays ! And reception was unable to advise me of opening hour.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kate055

Dear kate055,

I am sorry to see that you were not entirely happy with your recent stay. This would not be representative of our usual high standards. I assure you that I will look into this and make the necessary corrective improvements.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I’m just home from a night stay in the hill grove the hotel is lovely, very family oriented and there seemed to be a lot for kids to do.. our room was spotless however the toilet seat was loose and myself and husband nearly fell off the loo also there was black things in the water coming from the sink I don’t know wether it was the water or the tap itself but was very off putting when you want to brush your teeth. Our dinner was lovely however the steak meal deal wasn’t available as it was a bank holiday even though it was advertised all through the hotel. Finally when we returned to the room for bed we realised the bed was rock hard it felt like I was sleeping on the floor I actually ended up leaving my husband and sleeping in the single bed beside our bed as it was slightly more comfortable. I would like to return with our son however I’d like a more comfortable bed.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Nonameplz,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I am sorry to see that you were not entirely happy with your recent stay. I will address this with our housekeeping manager and we will make the necessary corrective improvements.

We hope to welcome you back again at some stage soon

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I stayed here in July with my boyfriend the night before my friends wedding. The hotel did not disappoint from the time we walked in the door. We were greeted with a contemporary quirky decor which I loved! The man at the checkin desk was very friendly and helpful. This meant a lot as we had travelled some distance to get to the hotel and we were late checking into the hotel. The room was very big and the bed was huge and comfortable. What Ioved the most was the stylish bathroom and the orla kiely toiletries. We had a drink in the bar, which had a very relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff. The breakfast was delicious, with loads to choose from. They even had a person dressed up as a minion to keep the children (and bigger children like my boyfriend) entertained. The hotel had a hairdressers and beauticians on site, which was really handy and took the stress out of trying to find somewhere in the town the next morning. I got curls and my make up done which I was really happy with. Just make sure to book in enough time for both, as I was a little rushed coming out of hairdressers to get makeup done. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. I cant wait to come back on a spa break with my girlfriends. This hotel has all under one roof with the leisure centre, spa, hairdressers and beauticians on site.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HillgroveHotel, Manager at Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Louise M,

Thank you for your wonderful review and I am delighted to read your kind comments regarding our facilities, food,service and our Minion.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I stayed here twice in the last 7 months; once in August with my other half and our two kids and more recently in February with my mother and my daughter for a girls trip.
The hotel is modern, homely, and spotless clean. It deserves its 4 star status. I cant say enough about the staff, from the reception staff, to bar staff, spa staff... they cant do enough and go out of their way with friendliness and kindness. Nothing is too much trouble for them. The pool area is so clean and well kept. I usually hate swimming and find it stressful with the kids but the lovely environment made it a pleasure. I had a nice massage in the spa on both occasions and it was very reasonable, the outdoor hot tub was a particular treat. The bar is lovely with a nice family atmosphere but at the same time doesnt have kids running everywhere. The bar gets quite busy, however the staff are great at making sure there is a good turn over of seats and no one is left waiting for a table long. Bedrooms are lovely and spacious, nicely decorated and fresh with top class toiletries (its the little things). Speaking of little things there is a minion character at breakfast which is a lovely surprise for the kids and makes it a little more special. Food is beautiful and nicely served and not over priced. The only small thing i would say in a slightly negative light is that the kids club staff could make a little more effort with the children... not a lot of enthusiasm there at all. Other than that i experienced two perfect trips at the Hillgrove and cant wait to return again this summer..

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Alison C

Dear Alison C,

Thank you for your review and I am so pleased to read you found the hotel to be excellent and staff friendly. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.