“Great day with Michael Fox”
Review of Boyne Valley Tours

Boyne Valley Tours
Ranked #1 of 11 Tours in County Meath
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Day Tours of the Boyne Valley, County Meath, rich in heritage and history. Visit the heritage capital of Ireland as your personal driver brings you from one location to the other to stroll around at your ease. Take a suggested tour or design your own. Since your tour is personalised, you will be picked up from your accommodation in the Meath / Dublin area.
Reviewed 22 January 2017

We scheduled a day tour of the Boyne Valley with Michael and this turned out to be the highlight of our trip. I highly recommend Michael's tours!
Summary:
-Very knowledgeable about the sites of the Boyne Valley! Just as much history as you want. You can always ask more questions and he has so much fascinating information
-He was early in picking us up, his car was very nice, he is a safe driver
-The restaurant we went to for lunch was so charming. It was right by the Hill of Tara.
-EVERYONE knows Michael. Everyone who works at New Grange, the restaurants, and probably the whole Boyne Valley. Feels like you get VIP treatment just because you're with Michael.
-If you're staying in Dublin the drive is about an hour each way, but for us this was filled with nice conversation and information about the sites and history of the area.

There are newer reviews for Boyne Valley Tours

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Knowing that in Ireland they drive on the "other side of the road" from the USA, I chose to seek out a private guide familiar with the Boyne Valley rather than rent a car and put everyone at risk. I was fortunate to stumble across the very informative website of Michael Fox during my research for "mystical places " - New Grange, Knowth and Dowth are pictured and well described - and make contact with Michael regarding a tour of said places. I was so impressed with Michael's quick responses to my email enquiries (especially with a 9 hour time diffetence) and assistance in putting together a personal itinerary that would include all the sites we wanted without long periods in the car; being a local he could honestly let me know how long it would take to get from place to place and if a site was feasible within our time frame, plus know about some lesser known spots not highlighted in the guide books. Once we actually began the tour and I saw how narrow the roads are in that area, with many blind curves, I was so thankful to be in Michael's very comfortable car, with him competently at the wheel.

Michael knows his way around the area and knows how to ensure his clients get into an attraction or restaurant ahead of the crowds. Aside from the pre-planning and convenient PayPal payment services, my daughter and I were both very impressed with his eclectic knowledge (we had great conversation on a variety of topics) as well as his ability to discern what is important to his clients and throw in a few unique extras toward the end based on having gotten to know us. Michael Fox goes above and beyond to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of his clients. I cannot recommend this man highly enough!

2  Thank Tamara L
Reviewed 19 November 2016

Michael took myself and two of my girlfriends on an unforgettable tour of the Boyne Valley on the morning of Samain (aka Halloween!) a few weeks ago, and it was absolutely perfect!
We began at sunrise at the Hill of Tara (the chamber opening there is aligned w/ the Samhain sunrise), then we went on to see Fourknocks, the Sheila Na Gig, a wonderful labyrinth, Newgrange, Mellifont Cistercian Abbey and Monasterboice!
It was a grey, but not rainy fall morning, and Michael was not only knowledgeable about the deep history of the entire area and it's sights, but he also custom tailored our tour to the stops that were important to us to see, and added a couple in that were "must sees" in his expert opinion. We were not disappointed!
Thank you Michael for a wonderful tour of one of the most beautiful spots on the planet!

1  Thank Stitchfaery
Reviewed 18 November 2016

I am writing a Novel that's storyline will include the ancient mystic mysteries of the Neolithic sites of the world, specifically all with Celtic origins. My mom surprised me with a beautifully planned research trip, this included a quick stop in Ireland. She had communicated with Michael Fox about what I was looking for and he not only delivered, but our last stop that was an impromptu suggestion by Michael himself based upon getting to know us quite possibly changed my life forever. The site we visited was incredibly healing and helped me to gain clarity on my storyline. I highly recommend this service to anyone who desires a wonderful, informative, and in my case transformative experience! -AB

1  Thank Amber B
Reviewed 31 October 2016

My husband and I were travelling Ireland for our honeymoon in October 2016. After over a week of driving in the west, when we got to Dublin we decided to ditch the rental car and relax. The historic sites in the Boyne Valley region were really important for us not to miss, so I spent a ton of time researching the best private guide for the area. We didn't want to see the region on a large tour bus and be at the mercy of their schedule (along with the fact that it takes so long to herd 20+ people to each site!), and was so fortunate to come across Michael Fox and his private tours. He was so easy to communicate with for the weeks leading up to our trip. We were even able to pay in full prior to traveling via Pay Pal - SO convenient! Michael reached out to me a couple days prior to our tour to confirm he would be picking us up at our hotel and the time. He was early and his car was very comfortable!

Michael was so easy to converse with the entire day and truly created an itinerary that was special to us, including a surprise stop at a new brewery/distillery that wasn't even opened yet! My husband is a Brewmaster from the States, so that was a really special addition to our day. We didn't miss one site that we hoped to visit, and even got to see a couple other bonus locations. We got to Newgrange for the first tour of the day, and nearly had the place to ourselves! Michael was very knowledgeable about the sites and shared his passion for history with us throughout the day.

We are sincerely grateful for our day of tour and it will be a memory of a lifetime thanks to Michael's experience, insight and patience - it made for an exceptional day, highly recommended!