“What an Amazing Day!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boyne Valley Day Tours

Boyne Valley Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 11 Tours in County Meath
More attraction details
Owner description: Personalised Day Tours of the Boyne Valley, County Meath, rich in heritage and history. Visit the heritage capital of Ireland as your personal driver brings you from one location to the other to stroll around at your ease. Take a suggested tour or design your own. Since your tour is personalised, you will be picked up from your accommodation in the Meath / Dublin area.
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“What an Amazing Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2016

My daughter and I took a private tour of the Boyne Valley with Michael. We visited incredible sacred sites, prehistoric passage tombs, beautiful and ancient castles, abbeys, and monasteries. Michael is very knowledgeable and we learned so much Irish history. And, he's such a cordial guy that it was like seeing the sites and spending the day with our with our dear Irish cousin. He couldn't have made the tour more perfect. Thank you so much, Michael. We are so grateful for the day we spent with you.

Visited March 2016
5 Thank SueCoxx

Georgia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Amazing tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2016

My daughter and I took the Boyne Valley tour with Michael just 3 days ago! His extensive knowledge of the area, especially the megalithic sites was very impressive. We requested him to customize the tour based on our specific interests and he did not hesitate to customize the itinerary without compromising the quality of the tour. The restaurant at the Hills of Tara was packed but we didn't have to wait as he called ahead to make the reservation for our lunch! The Boyne Valley tour by Michael was certainly a great experience.

Visited February 2016
1 Thank G2Travel
County Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent! One of the best tours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2016

Michael is very knowledgeable, and was able to adjust the tour to what I wanted to see. He was able to discuss aspects of megalithic, Celtic and historical sites, as well as the cultural background of the time. I highly recommend Boyne Valley Tours.

Visited February 2016
1 Thank Msle0250
North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Kells, Loughcrew, Tara, Newgrange, Dowth, Ardcath, Fourknocks, Monasterboice, Mellifont Abbey, Slane--in two afternoons!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2016

I told Michael I'd done a lot of reading about archeological sites in the Boyne Valley and that I wanted to see as many as possible in the two afternoons I had available around a December solstice visit to Newgrange. He picked up on my enthusiasm and never flagged, generously giving me far more than my money's worth. Informed, congenial, interested as well as interesting, a native and a lifelong resident Michael is an ideal guide around County Meath and environs. I'd go with him again without hesitation.

Visited December 2015
2 Thank JONCUSA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Day in Boyne Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2015

Michael took myself, my brother, and 2 nephews on a fun filled day of visiting the Boyne Valley. His knowledge of all the sites was an unexpected treat. We really enjoyed the personal time with and ourselves. Really enjoyed Hill of Tara and how he guided us through time and explained how the Procession probably occurred many many years ago. My nephews liked the ability to explore the sites and openly ask questions. Even during the drive to and from the sites was an adventure.
Excellent Trip. Highly recommend. Lunch was really good too.

Visited November 2015