“Boyne Valley Tours with Michael is the ONLY way to go!”
Review of Boyne Valley Tours

Boyne Valley Tours
Ranked #1 of 11 Tours in County Meath
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Day Tours of the Boyne Valley, County Meath, rich in heritage and history. Visit the heritage capital of Ireland as your personal driver brings you from one location to the other to stroll around at your ease. Take a suggested tour or design your own. Since your tour is personalised, you will be picked up from your accommodation in the Meath / Dublin area.
Reviewed 28 September 2014

I have to give credit to Michael, he made the difference between a great tour, and a SPECTACULAR tour! Our visit to the Boyne Valley was fun, educational, and completely hassle free. Being that Michael is from the Boyne Valley, he was so knowledgeable about the area and all of its history. I literally felt like I had fallen back through time in places! We visited Newgrange, Monasterboice, Hill of Tara, Beactive Abbey, and Trim Castle. I was in awe of how much we got to see in just 9 hours. Boyne Valley Private Day Tours is the best value money can buy if you are searching for an authentic, one-of-a-kind experience!
Michael, I can't thank you enough for our day spent with you!! You gave us memories that will surely last a lifetime! MANY THANKS!!!
Samantha & Jake Kelley
Micah & Lindsay Kelley

1  Thank Sammie K

Reviewed 13 September 2014

Michael met us on time at our hotel and started with a visit to Newgrange. Since he is an expert at these tours, we arrived in advance of the tour buses. We could tour the site and spend some time in the exhibits without the crush of the tour groups. Our day included visits to the Battle of the Boyne site, Monasterboice Monastery, Old Millifont Abbey, Hill of Tara, and Trim Castle, with a stop for lunch. With Michael's guidance, we were able to see much more than we could have on our own. His knowledge of the history of the area enriched our day. We highly recommend Michael's tour - book early as he stays busy.

1  Thank Bonnie J
Reviewed 8 September 2014 via mobile

I had told Michael I wanted to write him a review of our tour since we had such a great time - I wanted others to know of his great work. I told him I could only write the review once I got back to the U.S. since I am still in Ireland for 13 more days. However, I could not wait that long! I think most people that come to Dublin or Ireland should take a day tour with Michael. Not only to see the sights in Boyne Valley, but also for his great character. On a single day that started at 8am and ended at 5pm, we toured the immense Newgrange and the site of the Battle of the Boyne. We entered Monasterboice and Millfont Abbey, went to the top of the Hill of Tara and toured the striking Trim Castle. However, what made the tour wonderful was his hospitality. He made us feel at home during our trip and he helped me discover the wonders of Irish Tea! He is extremely knowledgeable of the area since he was born there and also very funny. So if you are thinking of exploring the Boyne Valley region, go with Michael! He is professional, accommodating and has a wonderful welcoming spirit - A great way to start my Ireland trip!

1  Thank RobgGHM
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We wanted to see the ancient monuments in the Boyne Valley during our short stay in Dublin and selected Michael Fox and Boyne Valley Private Tours on the Internet from Australia.

We could not have been happier with the personal attention and very professional service that we had from Michael. He knows everything there is to know about the area and the amazing history of the Valley.

We were very comfortable with his great driving and it is a comfort to see how he is so well known by everyone at the various sites.

There is no doubt that this is the best way to see the valley and all the treasurers it has to offer.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Michael Fox's tour of the Boyne Valley was exceptional! His knowledge and family connection to Boyne Valley provided us with a personalized and deeper understanding of the richness that this area holds in Irish history.