“Beautiful November day in Oldbridge” 5 of 5 bubbles

Oldbridge Estate/Battle of the Boyne Visitors Centre
Ireland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Beautiful November day in Oldbridge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2016

Visited Battle of the Boyne centre at Old bridge today with my wife and six year old granddaughter. We had a beautiful day, a lovely walk down to the canal lock, then to the beautiful garden and lunch at the restaurant in the sunshine. The whole estate looks fabulous, congratulations to all the staff who are responsible for keeping the place so well

Visited November 2016
1 Thank Kevin1812

Napa
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Battle of the Boyne well explained ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Battle of the Boyne was brought to life and explained. Displays are very well done. Be sure to watch the videos and see the display that shows you how the battle was fought. Staff is there to answer any in depth questions.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great venue for education and enjoyment! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

First of all, if you're coming southbound come off the motorway at Drogheda North to avoid the toll charge (unlike us). Once there, you'll love it. Very well organised and hugely informative, giving a carefully balanced account of both the importance of the battle for the sheer survival for British Protestants but very importantly, also placed the events within a wider European context. The bravery of both sets of combatants was clearly portrayed.
Great artefacts and battle descriptions contributed to a very enjoyable day indeed for the whole family. A special mention for Michelle in the cafe who was very welcoming and demonstrated great pride in the delicious fayre on offer.
Entrance for five was €10 for a terrific day out.
Hugely recommended.

North Stonington, Connecticut
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A nice history lesson of the area.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2016

If history had been taught this way in school I may have been more interested. The way the history of this battle was put together kept my interest. Take the time to visit the gift shop. We've enjoyed the local brown bread and here we found a mix to make it at home. We thought that a good find.

The grounds are worth walking; the gardens are well kept. I also like that the cost to visit these places is very reasonable, especially more so if you are a senior.

Detroit, Michigan, United States
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My Dad was with me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2016

Since I was a child, my Dad talked to us kids about The Battle of the Boyne. I wish I fully grasped the importance of this event while he was alive. Stepping onto the battlefield, walking thru the Oldbridge estate and talking to the gentleman who knows EVERYTHING about the Battle was like walking with my Dada again. We found Reverend Walker's portrait and heard stories about him and the battle again. What a great moment in history when the Protestants and the Catholics came together for a common cause. We could sure use this "coming together" today, right?

Visited May 2016