“A nice history lesson of the area.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Oldbridge Estate/Battle of the Boyne Visitors Centre
North Stonington, Connecticut
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A nice history lesson of the area.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2016

If history had been taught this way in school I may have been more interested. The way the history of this battle was put together kept my interest. Take the time to visit the gift shop. We've enjoyed the local brown bread and here we found a mix to make it at home. We thought that a good find.

The grounds are worth walking; the gardens are well kept. I also like that the cost to visit these places is very reasonable, especially more so if you are a senior.

Detroit, Michigan, United States
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My Dad was with me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2016

Since I was a child, my Dad talked to us kids about The Battle of the Boyne. I wish I fully grasped the importance of this event while he was alive. Stepping onto the battlefield, walking thru the Oldbridge estate and talking to the gentleman who knows EVERYTHING about the Battle was like walking with my Dada again. We found Reverend Walker's portrait and heard stories about him and the battle again. What a great moment in history when the Protestants and the Catholics came together for a common cause. We could sure use this "coming together" today, right?

Visited May 2016
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Brilliantly set out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2016

This is the sort of battle site which has been thoughtfully laid out. It was a perfect visit for us. The battle site itself was superbly laid out; the walled garden excellent and the refreshment room of a high standard. Well worth a visit.

Dublin, Ireland
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2016

Beautifully kept estate and gardens. Fantastic history re the Battle of the Boyne inside the house with video show as well. Worth a visit without doubt.

Pensacola, Florida
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Nice Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

This is a great stop on the way from Dublin to Belfast. The site is lovely and the staff are friendly and informative. It was interesting to learn about the battle history. There is a film and some indoor and outdoor exhibits. Lovely grounds to stretch your legs. We only spent an hour at the site and it was well worth the stop. Admission is 4 euros unless you have the OPW card which allows free admission.