“Perfect for the occasion”
other travellers have booked this property
Large but cozy sitting room comfortably seats 7 guests.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Large but cozy sitting room comfortably seats 7 guests.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 7 reviews

Reviews from our community

arlene j
“Perfect for the occasion”
Reviewed 11 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We stayed 3 nights as a group of 7 attending a local wedding. There was plenty of room for all of us and with showers in every bedroom there were no queues for the bathroom on the morning of the wedding!! All in all a perfect house in a perfect location for a wonderful celebration!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
DebbieKav...
Dublin, Ireland
“Good location and great value”
Reviewed 1 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I would recommend Rosebrook house when planning a visit to Westport as the location is great, only a few minutes drive into the town. Spacious house, comfortably held 10 people. In addition to the expected amenities the owner Michael also provided a good selection of books, dvds and cds for use during our stay which was a nice touch. We will definitely visit again!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Marie B
“Family trip”
Reviewed 28 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Hi we enjoyed our stay in westport. Great town. The house was in a good location. 2min drive from town. Close to everything. And a petrol stations and shop just a short drive or walk away. House was warm and comfortable. All was provided and tea and coffee was available on arrival. I would return

rmooney21
“Rachelle Mooney”
Reviewed 17 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We really enjoyed our stay at rosebrook house, the location was just perfect as it was 2 minutes outside of wesport :-D we couldn't have found a better place to stay, and will return in the future :-D

crafty541...
Plover, Wisconsin
“Great Central Location for Mayo Travel, but Needs Some Attention”
Reviewed 12 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We stayed 4 nights at Rosebrook House, using it as our central hub for our travels around County Mayo.

Pros:
Clear directions to property provided promptly by owner after final payment.
Quiet and beautiful setting with gorgeous views of Croagh Patrick. Some of the best sleep we had in Ireland.
Plenty of room for our party of 4 adults.
Washer/dryer was very welcome.
Prompt communication from owner when contacted about issues.

Cons:
House was very dirty when we arrived. Floors had not been cleaned, carpet not vacuumed (vacuum cord had been cut some time before our arrival, which someone tried to fix with electrical tape), pet hair embedded into carpets and living room furniture. My husband spent an hour cleaning the wood floors so our socks wouldn't keep sticking. We ended up avoiding the living room completely after our initial arrival because of the hair and pet smell. We didn't have a lot of down time, so this wasn't a real issue. After I contacted him about it, the owner did have a different vacuum dropped off the next day, so we were able to vacuum the pet hair out of the carpet in the master bedroom. Finally, most everything in the kitchen had a sticky film covering it. I noticed it when trying out the cd player, but it was also over everything sitting on the window sills and out on the counter.

The house also needs maintenance. When we arrived, 6 halogen ceiling light bulbs were burned out. We dug around and found 2 bulbs for the dining room, which my husband replaced. In one of the bedrooms, there was no cold water in the vanity sink and the bedside lamp did not work (we think there might have been a faulty power strip).

When contacted, the owner did express regret that we had found the house in disrepair when we arrived. Ultimately, he ended up offering us a free night's stay the next time we were in the area. It also appears that he authorized a refund of $200 yesterday, but there was no explanation given.

Overall, I will rate Rosebrook House very positively for location, setting, and size, but negatively for cleanliness and upkeep.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
11 Apr 2017
Being a good Catholic all I can say to most of this review is Mea Culpa. I have been appreciatively providing my house to guests for several years and I have never had a complaint about cleanliness. It was with great regret that the guests experienced an exceptional circumstance that led to the property not being up to its usual excellent standard. That is why I made sincere efforts to compensate them.
Now to the explanation which is in fact based on a series of unfortunate events!
1. I was out of the country and for the first time was not present to oversee the cleaning of the house.
2. I had just employed a new cleaner who lost her job as a result of her failure to properly take care of the house
3. First time I agreed to a guest bringing a pet ( a small dog I was assured).
Now to the details.
I received a call from the client on the day after they arrived to complain about the house and to inform me that the hoover was broken. I contacted the cleaner who explained that the flex had broken and she had not completed cleaning the floors. I contacted the client to inform her that I would arrange to have a new hoover delivered which I did.
I am embarrassed that the client's husband was on his knees cleaning the floors and I cannot understand what the previous guests did to make the floors sticky.
The cleaner did tell me that she had not completed cleaning the floors so I have no issue with that complaint.
The pet hairs are of course an additional problem so from here on I will not allow pets to the house.
The bedside light is plugged into a socket which has a switch. It worked perfectly when I switched it on at the socket.
When the house was built there was less regard for carbon footprint and the living room and halls are illuminated by 14 recessed halogen lights. This is well above what is required and I have reduced the number to 8. This was a decision based on conservation considerations. I thank the guest for her clarification and now inform guests that it is not a matter of negligence that all the lights are not operating.
I am also grateful to the guest for pointing up to a problem in the kitchen. I provide a large selection of music cds for the guests pleasure. they are aligned along the windowsill in the kitchen near to the cooking facilities. Over time they have become tacky. I have addressed this problem. The impression that the kitchen was covered in slime was somewhat over stated.
The sitting room furniture is the one complaint that I feel requires some defense. When I arrived back to the house I discovered that the sitting room furniture was covered with sheets and duvet covers from the linen cabinet. For those of a literary mind it reminded me of a visit to Miss Havisham' s house in Dicken's Great Expectations. On inspection I found nothing to be concerned with in terms of the furniture. In the intervening months I have kept the furniture exactly as is and took the opportunity to ask other guest was there any problem. None have suggested that there was anything amiss with the quality it cleanliness of the furniture.
With regard to the refund of the deposit. This is standard. The deposit paid is a security deposit and is due for refund if there is no damage.
I do hope that my response is accepted in good faith. I am glad that notwithstanding these difficulties that the clients enjoyed the best rest in years and that the toilets, showers, beds, towels, linen and appliances were all able to pass scrutiny.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$119
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing