4 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$174
Hotels.comUS$165
TravelocityUS$165
1,813 results
All reviews cobblers bar superior room central location lovely hotel centre of town wild atlantic way pubs and restaurants westport house night stay would highly recommend this hotel short break both nights second to none from start to finish a lovely stay top class enjoyable stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 July 2022

We arrived after a long trip having got lost leaving Belfast, and looking like a couple of refugees I guess.
The receptionist was wonderful. Checked us in quickly (we had prebooked) and booked us into one of the hotel's eateries, more of which later.
Our room was a superior double on the lower ground.
The furnishings were traditional, and if I'm honest the wooden tallboy etc had seen better days,
Bathroom was quite palatial with walk in shower and freebee toiletries.
The decor and soft furnishing were classic and chic.
The bed was super comfy with lovely linens.
The whole place was very clean and well maintained.
Breakfast included a buffet with the usual plus fresh fruit juice.
The only let down in our breakfast was the toast having been done for about 30 secs. Hubby asked for better . It came having been done for a bit longer, the waiting lady indicating that's the best she could do. We didn't labour the point. He opted for scrambled egg and smoked salmon. Loads of tasty salmon, and lovely, copious scrambled egg. I had gorgeous, smokey well done bacon, on (admittedly Mr Warburton's best) 4 pancakes and a jug of maple syrup. Good
Restaurant: Staff friendly and efficient, service good. Starter of chowder tasty and chunky. His main of BBQ ribs was huge, good chips and coleslaw. Mine was Lidl's best. Described as ham stuffed turkey. Bisto gravy, (I smelt it as the plate came) mash, tinned ham, Paxo stuffing, a slice of deli turkey. Disappointing.
But otherwise a great stay

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 4 July 2022

We didn’t stay so can’t comment on rooms etc, but we turned up quite late looking for dinner for 4, a lovely fella at reception rolled his eyes but still seated us lol! :) as it turned out it was a lovely meal, portions are huge! We then got re seated in the bar itself, music was playing, it was a full house, once that finished we were accommodated in the residents bar, lovely private bar with a grand seating area! Was a really great night, if visiting Westport again I will book here for an overnight stay to see does it match the stars I’m giving!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2022

I really loved this hotel, it is so quaint! I can't recommend staying here enough if you are planning a trip to Westport. It is very centrally located, super clean and has spacious rooms. The front desk staff couldn't be nicer when checking in and out. They are also happy to help you with any questions you have about the area. Great restaurants are close by.
Parking can be a bit tight in their parking areas so get there early.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2022 via mobile

From the minute you step into this art filled and charming boutique hotel you know you will be well looked after! From the welcome greeting received from GM Barney Clarke and his Right Hand colleague Raph you are immediately put in mind of visiting warm and welcoming family! Barney parked our car when my husband couldn’t manage. When the tea kettle I bought wouldn’t fit in my suitcase, Raph wrapped it up in paper for me to post home….now, I ask you: where else would one be this cared for? Our room was spacious, the dining room served delicious cuisine, one night there was live music in the bar, the solarium room was so lovely to sit in and savor a perfect cup of tea! We enjoyed 2 lovely nights and longed for more!

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Road8890
Reviewed 2 July 2022

Stayed here a few weeks back with a few friends when doing a mini tour of mayo and after we got to the rooms we were not impressed. Giving the price we payed we felt we should have had a bit of a nicer room and view. They could do with a bit of an update and with the money they were charging they must have the money to do so.

The food was definitely the savior of the trip. It was amazing and compliments to the kitchen team. Good selection of dishes available and fairly priced.

Would definitely recommend calling in for the food. But maybe look else where for accommodation.

Trip type: Travelled with friends