1,188 results
All reviewskids clubhorse ridingleisure centrebreakfast traingreat family hotelfamily breakwedding venuereception areabit datedeach eveningboth nightsbar foodfriendly hotelbreakfast and dinnerfood was lovelywedding receptiongreat weekend
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Myself, my daughter and her dad decided to go away for a night, we are separated years and do a yearly family night away for my daughters sake.
We read some fabulous reviews about Westport woods so opted to stay there.
We stayed in room 313, very basic, beds are on wheels, no iron, bathroom would’ve been fabulous in the early 80s, net curtains, the room could definitely do with a good clean as looked grubby. However the pillows and duvet were clean.
I needed to do some work and the WiFi is basically non existent and I also heard other guests complain of this.
We decided to get some food in the bar, I asked for a toasted sandwich and it was basically stuck together with a skewer and left on a plate, no presentation whatsoever. My daughter got the sausages, beans and spuds - which she even said wasn’t nice, it looked as if it had just been heated up and thrown on the plate.
We then went for a swim, I mistakenly forgot my swimsuit and was charged 20e for what I can only describe as an insult to swimwear.
Oh and an extra 3e for a hat.
The changing rooms are dirty as are the showers. The pool could definitely do with a face lift and a clean especially the windows opposite the jacuzzi, it was disgusting.
Breakfast the next morning I couldn’t bring myself to eat to be honest. I took one look and the dirt of the orange juice dispenser and decided I rather go hungry. My daughter and her dad ate a small amount neither were pleased by their food.
The smell of the bins in the hallways were awful. I’m delighted to see a recycling facilty but please ensure they are actually emptied regularly.
This hotel leaves a lot to be desired. I very rarely leave reviews but I was so disappointed by this hotel I felt I had to.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Michael L, Owner at Westport Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Racheal

Thank you for your review and let me apologise for not providing the service expectations you had expected.

I will discuss all that you describe with my colleagues and ensure each area is reviewed in detail. We have a culture that guest reviews are listened to and actioned upon by the whole team.

You’ve mentioned that you read previous positive reviews and this helped with your decision to stay with us. I am sorry we did not live upto these reviews in your eyes.

Please give me a call upon my mobile 087 2605672 to further discuss and I will try to encourage you all to return once again to enjoy yourselves as you had expected.

Keep in touch

Michael Lennon

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We were a family of 21 kids from 6 upwards and adults .we had a fabulous weekend the staff so friendly accomadating couldn't do enough for us all.we had dinner kids menu was very good with characters name ,it was funny we ate dinner can't fault it .great place for families to visit

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SandraM8695
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Just back from 4 nites 3 dins package...Cant recommend hotel highly enough...Kids club guys were lovely...Horse riding for kids...Lovely outdoors and beautiful food...Great manager Seamas very personable and professional...Definitely will return

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank farrelkr2018
Reviewed 31 July 2018

We arrived for our mid-term family break and had an absolute ball when we were here...
Hotel was very accommodating. Kids club was great. Breakfast was good.
Overall we got great value. The room was also very spacious. We will be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Psycho-sue
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

We got a 5 family package with 4 dinner mon to Sat arrived on Monday the jacuzzi not working then when I booked in ask about kids club there no teen club which was a big problem as it was advertised on your Web page. Evening meal OK but needs to look at kids menu not great .the staff not well friendly .the swimming pool and spa is great friendly staff location of hotel is great.in the bathrooms needs plugs for electrical shavers.also in the rooms the cleaners need to check rooms before guest arrive i fond something and give it to reception. Overall it was ok dunno would I return.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Catherine M
Michael L, Owner at Westport Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Catherine

Thank you for your honest and descriptive review of my hotel and let me apologise for our lack of service to both your family and yourself.

I will discuss each issue with all of my colleagues concerned and help them in working hard to ensure we improve our service offering in the areas you mention.

This week we launch an adventure offering of climbing, archery and lazer games with an on-site partner which should be more suitable for teen age kids. During your time with us last week we had a number of teens out upon our go!trekking! equestrian horse riding offering and the go!kids! Club always has a family gathering each evening where every member of the family can come together for a great entertainment event.

The priority for me will be to follow up with positive actions upon what I’m saying to you and trying to locate your reservation to make sure we can further chat about your observations. Otherwise you might give me a call upon 087 2605672, I’d love to discuss further our improvements in order to encourage you back once again.

Regards