“Fantastic hotel, staff & food”

The Castlecourt Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Sligo, Ireland
“Fantastic hotel, staff & food”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

we stayed here for my sister's hen party and what a fantastic weekend. From the start the hotel staff were so helpful and accommodatiing in my dealings with them in the organising of a large group to stay. The hotel is in the heart of Westport which is a really beautiful and buzzing town. The hotel was really busy the weekend we stayed but is so well run. The accommodation, staff and food were all second to none. Would definately reccommend the castlecourt as a place to stay and a wonderful location for a hen party or a family break.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Good value for money - we availed of special 3 night offer and enjoyed the little extras given with offer.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and got what we requested. The hotel is in the town so convenient for shop...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I'm in this hotel right now, it's 12.30am and I can't sleep through the noise of reverberating dance music. I called reception who said there's a wedding and a 21st party going on. They offered to put me in another room - after midnight when I'm already in bed?! What grates most is that when I checked in two days ago (along with three other rooms' worth of my family) and they mentioned music in the hotel bar - as a positive feature - I specifically asked if I'd be able to hear it from my room and they reassured me that I wouldn't.
I really don't understand why this hotel receives such rave reviews. The deluxe rooms with four-poster beds etc are quite nice, but the standard rooms are basic, the plumbing is less than perfect and equipment such as TVs, kettles, heating - even window fittings - have seen better days. I get the impression the hotel is trying to tick all the desirable boxes but it's all a little rough around the edges. All day today (Saturday) trying to just make our way around the hotel every corridor and stairwell seems to have been jam-packed with wedding guests.
If you want to host a large function in a town centre in a huge hotel, this might be for you. If you're on a quieter break or prefer to wind down your own celebrations by midnight to relax or sleep, look elsewhere. Wild horses wouldn't drag me back to Castlecourt.
12.45am and the music is louder than ever. Thanks a lot Castlecourt.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Poppysmama
Athlone, Westmeath, Ireland
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Just got back from a stay here with my girlfriend for a relaxing stay during the week, not only is it a great hotel but I would say it has to be one of the best deals I have been offered in a long time, We got the Midweek escape for 1 night a 4 coarse meal in the restaurant and a complimentary bottle of wine for 99 euro, the standard of the hotel is excellent, friendly staff and the food was good(tiger prawns could of been better do my girlfriend though). Even on a wednesday night the bar was busy with football on and a great atmosphere all around no complaints from me there anyway!!It just goes to show that good deals pay off its not easy to fill a hotel on a wednesday but the casclecourt can. I have to mention Kevin the barman very friendly and helpful also.

Great job guys keep up the good work ! We will certainly be back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Galway
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed here for 2nights midweek in March. This hotel has a timeless elegance and has been finished to a very high standard. The rooms are spacious with lovely big windows so there's a nice airy feel to the room and the heavy black out curtains ensure a great nights sleep, even though the walls are pretty thin and you can hear everything happening next door! Luckily, our neighbours were fairly quiet. There was a strong smell of smoke (cigars) when we entered the room so had to leave the windows open for a while to clear, which wasn't so nice. The room itself was absolutely spotless.

There are loads of facilities including entry to the gym/swimming pool/sauna and lovely little touches like complimentary newspapers every morning and the reception staff are very helpful in giving out directions and maps etc.
Another thing I noticed about the hotel was that it has some lovely artwork on the walls and always had beautiful bouquets of fresh flowers throughout the halls and lobby which you can smell throughout the hotel and gives it a nice homely touch.

Breakfast consisted of a cold buffet (cereals, fruit, cold meats, cheese and pastries) and hot food to order. As well as the full Irish, the breakfast menu offers some nice alternatives like French toast, porridge, vegetarian breakfast and kippers. The staff are attentive and overall I found the staff very chatty and friendly.

Westport has so much to offer and the castlecourt is the perfect base for walking around the town and Westport House. The pretty tree-lined streets and waterways make the town picture perfect and the people are so friendly. The hotel made for such a relaxing getaway and was the perfect luxury break for us.

Room Tip: I got an excellent deal booking online with the hotel directly!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple