1,184 results
All reviewscoast barwaterfront restaurantfloor restaurantfree netflixtop floorclew bayoverlooking the harbourcar parklovely hotelcroagh patrickbreakfast is servedbar foodboth nightsshort breakan evening mealtown centrewell worth a visit
Reviewed 16 July 2018

We enjoyed our 3 night stay in July. Lovely room, lovely staff, and lovely food. Top class service. We will definitely be back. We also enjoyed pool, sauna, and steam room which were also lovely. A lovely hotel for a break.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tomandtrina
Sinead C, Manager at Westport Coast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Guest

Sincere thanks for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed the Pool, Steam room and Sauna.

We hope to see you back in Westport.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel for 4 nights as we thought it looked lovely on their website and is no 3 on trip advisor in Westport.

It was not difficilt to find when we got to Westport. The car park was busy but we did get parked in it. The car park is not charged for.

Check in by Niamh who was very good. A nice friendly receptionist with great local knowledge.

Our room was on the 2nd floor and was very comfortable with nice view from the front of the hotel overlooking the bay.
The room was very clean with cosy bed. The bathroom included a bath with shower overhead. Plenty of hot water when needed.

Breakfast is served in The Waterfront restaurant on the fourth floor. The staff take your order for fry etc and serve you. Joshua and the restaurant team work very hard and all give excellent service. There is a good selection for everyone. I particularly loved the homemade banana bread. Rebecca kindlly wrapped me up some for the way home which was very kind of her. If you want to order an omelette, pancakes or fish of the day there is a small charge of 2.50 to 3 euros added. Overall we enjoyed breakfast very much. Good selection which will set you up for the day.

We dined in the bar on our first night. I had roast beef which was very good. Meat was very tender.
Brian served us and looked after us well.

We did not use the pool but popped down and it looked lovely.
A swimming cap is 3 euros if you need one.

We were able to walk into Westport in less than 20 minutes. To avoid going uphill you walk through Westport house and gardens. Coming back its a downhill walk which we enjoyed.

We also enjoyed an excellent four course meal in the Waterfront restaurant which I would highly recommend. Please see my review for it.

We also called for drinks and food in the Coast's sister hotels CastleCourt and The Westport Plaza. Both were excellent. I have also reviewed them.

Aoife checked us out. A very nice lady who was most friendly.

The staff here were all friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a lovely base for exploring Westport, Achill Islsnds and Mayo.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shelly-ann

Dear Guest

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent stay. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind words and for your compliments for our food and staff. I have passed on your comments to our pastry chef Victor regarding the banana bread, he was delighted. I have also passed on your nice comments to Niamh, Josh, Rebecca, Brian and Aoife and on their behalf, I extend a sincere 'Thank you'.

I am sorry I didn't get to meet you during your stay but I hope to welcome you back to Westport.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Great location and wonderful staff.
We ate outside with views of the bay.
The food was average and we expected better from a 4 star hotel.
Chowder starter was a bit chewy.
Our mains.
Mussels were spongy with not great taste and the fish and chips were again average.
We did mention to staff for only means of constuuctive criticism and wgen we did go to pay to our surprise the mussels were taken off our bill so were pleased to know our views had been taken into consideration.
Would we dine here again... maybe as the staff were an excellent bunch.
Declan on the bar is a great guy with a wonderful personality.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our staff are certainly our most valuable asset, I have passed on your kind words to Declan and he was thrilled to be singled out.

I am very disappointed to see that you didn't enjoy meal. We pride ourselves on delivering quality food to our guests and clearly on this occasion we failed.

I am sorry that you were disappointed this time but we would welcome an opportunity to restore your confidence. Please ask for me personally if coming back to Westport in the future at deputygm@westportcoasthotel.ie

Reviewed 11 July 2018

We've had dinner at the restaurant twice in a week already, and we'll definitely be back! Service was top class thanks to Salam, who was incredibly attentive and recommended us the best dishes of the menu. The spot is perfect if you get good weather and can sit outside, just in front of the sea. Great price also. We'll be back soon!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adela F

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to post such a nice review. Our chef's pride themselves on using the finest local produce available to ensure they can offer the best possible dining experience.

I have passed on your nice comments to Selim who was delighted to be singled out in your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I can't recommend this Hotel enough for food and service.My family and I were on a few days holidays and being a group of 21 not many places could accommodate us but it was no problem to Breege and her staff.Service was prompt and friendly and nothing was too much trouble.Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Countrylad68

Dear Guest

Sincere thanks for taking the time to share your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I have passed on your kind comments to Breege in the coast bar and she was delighted to be mentioned in your review.

Once again thank you for comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the near future.