“Great Service”

Clew Bay Bike Hire and Outdoor Day Adventures
Ranked #1 of 15 Tours in Westport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Clew Bay Bike Hire and Outdoor adventures are the premier bike hire operator for the Great Western Greenway. We are always where you need us when you need us. We also provide guided sea kayaking tours on Clew Bay, Greenway to Seaway package which includes cycling the Greenway and return back to you base via a local fishing charter. We have return or outbound shuttle services available to ensure you only do the sections of the trail that you choose. Winner of the Mayo Business Awards 2015 "Best Tourism Activity Provider" Listed in the top 100 attractions in Ireland 1 of only 2 in Mayo.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Fab first time on a bike since teenage years trip from Mulraney to Newport. Travis was so helpful and fun to talk to, worth paying the extra to be dropped back to the hotel Would deffo recommend Clew Bay Bikes. Go for it

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

The best activity to enjoy with my kids! Thanks for the attention with my little one and also to be so kind and welcoming! My wife loves it!

Reviewed 6 March 2017

On a weekend visit to Westport we decided to cycle the greenway. We went to clew bay bike hire and I must say I am very glad we did . On arrival we met Dave who could not have been more helpful . Dave and his co worker who's name I can't remember of that I am sorry . The sorted us out with bike loaded us up on there mini bus and brought us to the start of our cycle. The bike were in tip top condition the made sure that the were set right for our hight and that we were comfortable on them . Could not recommend this bike shop or Dave and co enough . The even text us the next day to make sure we were ok after the long cycle . Which was much appreciated .

Reviewed 6 March 2017

We turned up on a Sunday morning in March, unannounced, and wanted to rent a bike for my 5 year old to follow us as we walked the greenway with our 18 month old in the buggy. Unfortunately there were no bikes small enough to fit our son but the solution was two adult bikes and a trailer that we could tow the two little ones behind. We only wanted the bikes for an hour and the price was very reasonable. We were under no pressure to bring the bikes back in a hurry and could have held onto them for the day if we wanted. We had a lovely spin around Westport on the greenway and around Westport house. The boys had a great time in the trailer behind my bike. The service was really good, the bikes were well maintained and we had no problems with them. I would recommend Clew Bay Bike Hire and will probably be back to do the whole length of the greenway in the summer when we can be dropped at one end and spend the day cycling back to the shop.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

We called up, out of the blue, on a late February Monday looking for bicycles to experience the Greenway. We heard that Clew Bay Bike Hire was the one to call, and Dave answered the call. It was amazing - within an hour, Dave had us (and two bikes) in his van heading out to Achill (the western start point of the Greenway). The bikes were in good condition, easy to cycle, and no problems. We spent a magical afternoon, cycling, stopping to look at landscapes which took your breath away, taking time out in the a few places for refreshments (faultless recommendations from Dave), arriving back in Westport with plenty of time to savour the town before dinner. Thanks a mil, Dave!