“A gem on the water”
Review of Cronin's Sheebeen

Cronin's Sheebeen
Ranked #15 of 88 Restaurants in Westport
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A traditional style award winning bar and restaurant located just outside Westport, Co. Mayo over looking Clew Bay not far from Westport Harbour….
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Stoped here for lunch after a 3 day wedding in Westport. The menu is suburb and the food even better. A real must for this part of the world.

Try the Thai Curry!!!

Reviewed 8 December 2016

a good looking pub in a very pretty waterside setting.
good food fairly priced.
try for a table in the cosy pub part rather than the rear dining room
which is a bit of a barn.
recommended.

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

I visited Ireland for the first time and Westport was the area I stayed in. I stumbled across this place called The Sheebeen Cronin's. At this stage I was feeling the hungar after a long day of seeing the sights of the Wild Atlantic Way. The first thing I did was treat myself to a Guinness smooth and cold just the way I like it! I had a few in the Westport since and none compare to The Sheebeen pint. The pint started to fill me the smell of food around me was making me hungrier. I ordered mussels to start with a light Homemade bread absolutely Devine!!!! I had the Thai Chicken Curry which I was very interested in trying out,well all I can is WOW!!! It delighted me upon its arrival as the presentation was artistic and mouth watering. There was definitely a kick to it as I certainly had to dab the forehead a few times whilst pondering over my choice of dessert. I choose the Chocolate Brownie served warm with vanilla icecream and chocolate sauce, and I think cherry coulais sauce . This is a chocoholics paradise! There is no doubt in my mind that I will be returning to The Sheebeen. The staff went their extra mile to make me feel welcome and Colm the owner liked the banter. See you again soon The Sheebeen.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

We stayed in Westport for a week and the Shebeen was the highlight of our holiday. The staff are very friendly, there is a very nice atmosphere and we thought the food was the best in Westport. For the quality of the food, it was very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

We ordered the Seaford sharing platter, mussels salmon oysters mackerel etc etc
Absolutely amazing, one of the best meals I've had in Ireland. Fantastic service, lovely staff, cosy room with a roaring fire, good atmosphere and food to die for, what more could you want, oh great guiness
love this place