1,634 results
All reviews grand deluxe room brehon bar la fougere croagh patrick spa salveo master suite beautiful hotel jacuzzi bath spa area top class open fire smoked salmon standard room clew bay wedding reception bar menu mid week break
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel was disappointing on the extreme. The room was spacious with having benefited from an upgrade. However, the room lacked light with no view. The food was not to the standard expected of a hotel of this reputation. I most certainly will not be back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kellfitz7
Reviewed 18 July 2018

We stayed at Knockranny for 1 night but wish it was for more!! The room was immaculate and large. The bed was extremely comfortable. The view was amazing. The breakfast was delicious. I hope to visit again soon!!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen K
Reviewed 17 July 2018

We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights with 3 other couples and a sister celebrating her 80th birthday. We all had great rooms with plenty of space and good facilities. We had a dinner in the restaurant one night and bar meals the next night. There was a good choice of food on the menu in both places and everyone was pleased with their meals both quality and quantity.
On our last evening one of our party had brought his accordion and asked at reception if there was somewhere he could play and our group have a sing song without disturbing the other guests. They allowed us to use the sitting room with its wonderful views all around and a great time was had by all.
This was typical of the way we were treated throughout our stay - nothing was too much trouble to the staff and they were very helpful and friendly. The facilities were very good and although we did not make use of the spa we did pay it a visit and it was of a high standard.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2018

We went to Knockranny House Hotel for a relaxing two night break and came away very refreshed and relaxed - the pool and sauna area is one of the best I've ever been in, loved it. The hotel had a lovely relaxed feel and the staff were very helpful and accommodating. I booked a tower room which is just huge and if you can get one of the upper level ones the views would be amazing - sadly on this occasion this wasn't possible and we were on the ground level but still the room was lovely. Would definitely return, but going a room with a view next time round.

Room Tip: higher floors have stunning views
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

The area the hotel fails most on is communication. On booking I requested the table in the wine cellar and was prepared to pay the extra 50 as it was a special occasion. Table was ready on the night but when I opted for the tasting menu I was informed the kitchen needed 24 hours notice, I was a little taken aback as I arrived the previous day and confirmed the table however I was never informed of the notice period. Eventually the waiter came back with the offer of the tasting menu on the next night! Luckily we were there for the extra night anyway. Then we went to order a white wine off the fine wine list and the waiter took it off the shelf behind me and brought it outside. 10 min later it was brought back in an ice bucket - I queried how it could be cold enough but was assured it would be. It was not so I send it back. We had a different chilled wine and the table d’hote which was good. The following night with the tasting menu and the wine correctly chilled the the meal was excellent.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple