“Good Hotel in a fantastic location.”

Mill Times Hotel Westport
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed 13 November 2016

Good hotel in a fantastic location . To experience the real Westport I feel its all about the location.The rooms were a little dated but beds were comfortable.clean and warm.The staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The young girl who served us our evening meal was excellent at her job sorry . As it was my Dads 80th she offered him a drink on the hotel decorated his desert with candles. A lovely little touch.The food in the bar was a very good standard as was the breakfast in the morning.M Christmas night out is in Westport very soon and I have recommended this hotel . Also want to mention the Porter /Barman who let us in quiet late and made a coffee for my parents while we had a late drink another little touch that did not go unnoticed. Good Staff and atmosphere make a good Hotel. Well done.Look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: 342 was to the front of the hotel onto a busy road.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Joe O, Front Office Manager at Mill Times Hotel Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2016

Dear Joe G

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Mill Times Hotel. We are very fortunate with our central location in such a vibrant town as Westport. I am delighted to hear your kind comments about the staff in the hotel - they do go above and beyond to make sure everyone has the best of service. I will pass your comments on to them. We are currently refurbishing the bedrooms so hopefully when you come back to stay again you will be impressed by the new decor!

Again thank you for your feedback and I am glad that your special family occasion was a success. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mill Times Hotel in the near future.

The Mill Times Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed 3 November 2016

A great hotel in a great location. We had a back room 340? Unfortunately some smokers when out for a smoke in the early hours and woke us up. But, having said that we enjoyed the service and the staff were, as always very attentive. See you soon!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Joe O, Front Office Manager at Mill Times Hotel Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Dear Susan H

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Mill Times Hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your visit. We are very fortunate with our central location in Westport which is a buzzing town. I will investigate the disturbance you experienced at night. This may just be down to this central location and the proximity to other premises. I will also pass on your comments to the staff who are always delighted to receive such positive feedback.

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Set in the heart of westport, the location means your are close to all the character full shops, pubs and restaurants.
We had a great room with a four poster bed and huge Jacuzzi bath. Lovely staff, food and great value. Definitely I have no hesitation in recommending The Mill Times.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear saintstephen

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am very glad to read that you enjoyed the experience so much. We are very fortunate with our central location in the heart of lovely Westport Town. The room you were in was one of our suites which are very special rooms indeed and with our current refurbishment programme we have many lovely rooms to choose from in the hotel. I will pass on your kind comments to the staff and the chef, thank you.

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

We got a great deal on escapes for Mill Times. €40 for a mid-week night with glass of prosecco and chocs on arrival and 15% discount in the bar. Firstly the staff are super friendly, really make you feel welcome the minute you get there. The underground car park is a bit weird is very cramped and difficult to get in and out of. The rooms were grand. Bathroom was nice and there was nothing offensive about the decor- the rooms were just a bit old is all- put perfectly acceptable. We are in the bar that eve and again just have to say the staff again are the best! I had the chicken curry and my boyfriend the steak sandwich and both really enjoyed these. Breakfast the next morning had a good choice I had poached eggs and bacon and was all quiet nice. I think if I was spending a lot more I would look for somewhere more modern but for the price this hotel was a real find and would recommend!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mishsmelle

Dear Mishsmelle

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Mill Times Hotel. Yes the deal you got for your stay in the hotel is great value and I am glad that you enjoyed your visit. I am delighted to hear that you found the staff in the hotel to be welcoming and helpful. We are lucky to have such a great team. The car park is small owing to our town centre location and when it is full we do direct guests to nearby public car parks which are very reasonably priced. The rooms are currently being refurbished and hopefully if you return to stay with us you will be able to enjoy the results - the feedback we have had on those already completed has been very positive.

Thank you for your recommendation and we do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

098 29200

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

the mill times is a beautiful little getaway, the food here is just amazing, the staff are very helpful, the rooms are outstanding, the bar is lovley, I couldn't find fault with this place at all they went out of thier way to make sure our stay was perfect

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Dear englishrose2073

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to the Mill Times Hotel. It is always great for all of our staff to read such positive feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. I will pass on your kind comments to all of the team here at the Mill Times and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.

098 29200