Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$166
View deal
PricelineUS$190
eDreamsUS$166
StayForLong
FindHotel
Agoda.com
All reviews croagh patrick booked this hotel function room minute drive two nights both mornings food was lovely following morning would highly recommend this hotel relaxing break full irish night break from start to finish town christening wedding receptionist
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2021 via mobile

Come for a family meal with family & visiting family.
The food was beautifully served & staff were very pleasant and attentive.
Main course & Desserts all came out at the same time for all.
Thank you to all Floor & Kitchen Staff & not forgetting the Chef's.
We had a lovely afternoon/evening after a busy day. The Guinness was perfect too.
Many thanks
Angel & Family

Room tip: Plenty of parking, outdoor dining area, large outdoor grassed area for a walk & Foot Golf for some fun.
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2021

My partner and I stayed in this hotel back in June. Although at the time we didn't want to put up a bad review with everything the hospitality sector was going through but this hotel isn't what it was advertised to be. We ate here for lunch and dinner the food was only ok and the staff were quite rude and clearly didn't want to serve you even though we spent good money there most of the day. The bar felt unclean and could of done with a spruce up especially for evening dining.
The room was dirty and the bathroom had other people's hair still there and around the bath. We also asked for extra pillows as the pillows on the bed weren't enough as we had one each and the spare single bed didn't even have pillows on it. We were told they had no spare pillows in the whole hotel when asked and following up on this we were told they were very "busy" even though the hotel was dead. It appeared that the receptionist was also the cleaner and all rounder and was trying to run things on her own. Won't be returning and really put a damper on our night away for the first time since Covid. Don't understand where the good reviews are coming from.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank sallyc1308
Reviewed 28 July 2021 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and enjoyed every minute of it. The staff were so friendly and warm and would do anything for you. We were away from the hotel on the Saturday night and could not get a taxi back. When I rang the hotel to ask if they knew a taxi firm the lady that answered the phone said she would collect us - and she did. Far beyond the call of duty. I would highly recommend a stay in this hotel - they truly know the meaning of hospitality.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2021

Some points to consider if you are booking this hotel. We paid 400 euro for 2 nights which included breakfast both mornings and dinner one evening. At that price point we were hoping for something better. Here are some quick points from our visit:

Positive:
The view around the grounds are nice and you can *probably* see Croagh Patrick from the front

The not so good:
The food was bad. Not surprising when you see pasta with sweet chili sauce on the menu and I’ve never had ice cream that bad before. If you’re vegetarian, while there are options on the menu, they leave a lot to be desired. I’m not a good cook but I think I can do better than what we were served.
The fire alarm went off at 7.50am on Sunday. We gathered ourselves and went outside and found no one from the hotel staff along the way. We eventually ran into the manager who appeared to be just gettin in and who seemed unaware of what happened and said it was “probably just the kitchen”.
The phone in our bedroom didn’t work
There’s no A/C in the bedrooms. We left the window open when we were in the room to help with airflow which led to spiders coming in through the window. The cleaning staff also left the windows open after tending to rooms which makes sense as the was no A/C but this also meant that we found a huge spider on our bed (which we did not even get under the covers in because it was consistently too hot at night to do so).
The mattress in our room sunk down in the middle and seemed quite old
The TV in our bedroom had maybe 5 basic channels and was quite old, small, and far away from the bed, making watching it pretty pointless
The ventilation in our bathroom didn’t work and there was black mold on the ceiling. There were also cracks and holes in at least two of the tiles on the bathroom and mold or rust around the bathtub fixtures. There was a moveable half-screen glass pane that acted as barrier between the shower/bathtub and the rest of the bathroom which did not prevent water from the shower from getting all over the bathroom floor. We found a hair on two of our hand towels, and there was also a toilet brush in the corner which seemed disconcerting in Covid times. Finally, the toilet in the bathroom was strangely very low to the floor. Like at least 6 inches lower than your standard toilet seat.
Reception is not 24 hours. If you arrive after a certain time (I think after 5pm) you will need to check in at the bar. We arrived before it closed but saw some guests arriving who were confused.
Breakfast was included on both mornings but we only availed of it once. My partner and I asked for a vegetarian version of the full irish breakfast. The waitress jotted down the items and what to exclude but we were given the standard full Irish. I’m not sure if the chef just refused or if there was a breakdown in communication somewhere with the order. The waitress who served the food removed the items I didn’t ask for from my plate at the table anyway. We were given toast but no butter or jam. We were the only people dining at the time so we can’t say they were too busy to attend to us fully. Finally, and granted this is a bit picky, but the poached eggs that came with the meal were more akin to hard boiled eggs or little rocks. Hard yolk and egg whites, not very pleasant to eat.
Overall the staff seem very young. Some were great and some were very disinterested in their jobs including, senior staff members.
There was a swarm of flies in the corridor, likely because the windows were left open for ventilation since there’s no A/C
On at least two separate occasions we asked for a bucket of ice to chill drinks in our room, and two glasses, and were either not given these until we went down to ask after them over 30 minutes later, or they gave us something other than what we asked for (two glasses of ice when we asked for a bucket. Perhaps this is picky, but you can’t exactly cool a can into a pint glass of ice).
Cutlery and glassware were given to us smudged and with residue on them on at least two occasions. Again, this is particularly disconcerting in COVID times.
There were two suspicious brown/red stains in our room. One was on the carpet near the bed, and the other was on the top of the doorway on the inside of the bathroom.
It is also important to note that the accommodation is not actually in Westport town centre, but about an 8 minute drive away, which was fine for us as we had a car, but would be about an hour or more walk (likely on main roads with traffic).

I don’t think the above issues can all be ignored because it is a 3 star hotel. There is a lack of attention to detail, basic services and overall quality of service that are lacking at this hotel. Considering the price we paid for 2 nights I was expecting more and at least for the basics to be done right. I would not call this “Luxury accommodation” as their website tagline states. We were considering this accommodation or glamping but ultimately decided in favor of booking somewhere that we could have our own toilet since it’s COVID times--long story short, based on the cleanliness and service/amenities at this establishment...we wish we’d gone glamping because at leash then we would’ve gone into the situation expecting to rough it somewhat. Do your research before you book.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 16 July 2021 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for two nights, as part of our staycation in Mayo. Unfortunately, our experience was, in the main, a negative one, a lot of which revolved around cleanliness. Firstly, when we checked in, we were told there wasn’t a trolley to help bring all our bags up to the first floor room. So three visits back and forth to the car later, I eventually got everything up. Not really a good first impression. My wife had then noticed that the bathroom in our room had not been cleaned and you could clearly see urine on the toilet rim and hairs in the bath. With Covid 19 still a major issue, cleanliness should surely be an absolute priority for hotels right now so seeing this did not fill us with confidence. We contacted reception about the bathroom and the receptionist did apologise but we then noticed when we went off for dinner that it seemed that she herself had to go up and clean the bathroom, as she was carrying cleaning products! During dinner on the first night, I went to the main hotel toilets, just off the lounge area and the two dorm toilets in the male toilets were absolutely filthy, it was disgusting. I had to leave them immediately. There was no sign or notice in these toilets to indicate any kind of cleaning rota being followed, which is surely standard in most hotels nowadays. After my first night’s sleep, I noticed, the following morning, that I had what appeared to be bed bug bites on my ankles and lower legs. This was confirmed when I attended a pharmacist in town later that day. This is just simply not good enough in 2021. Staffing also seemed to be an issue while we were there, there seemed to be a lack of plentiful staff and the average age of staff present were late teens/early twenties: in fairness they did try their best but it’s a huge responsibility to be putting on young shoulders. The main positive was the food: breakfast on both mornings was very nice with lots of options and the dinner was fine, but with more limited choices (same specials both evenings) and very meat orientated. Also, the hotel was, in the main, very quiet, especially at night. I certainly hope the issues I’ve raised can be addressed immediately as I would not be able to recommend this hotel at present.

Date of stay: June 2021