Wow, this was a great resort, with picnic table at each house, nearby lake walk, free tennis courts, gym, Wifi, children's playground and lots of space. Lots of the cottages are detached and all are extremely well equipped with hairdryers and TV and en-suite in each room. Staff were extremely efficient and obliging, "that's no problem whatsoever" and we enjoyed privacy and comfort with lots of space for the children to cycle around the private grounds. They also have a hotel style wing with rooms and a restaurant and conference centre which can be accessed by residents.
Any request was met immediately e.g. buckets for rinsing wet suits, DVD player, Radio etc. The price was ultra competitive and this would be a great location for a family reunion within walking distance from the Harlequin and Royal TF Hotels, not to mention GMIT and Castlebar General Hospital.Try to take in a trip to nearby Straide to the Michael Davitt Museum, (wo)manned 7 days a week by very well informed curators.What a find! We did the cycle from Mulranny to Westport and climbed Croagh Patrick, all within quite easy reach of LLV.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Lannagh Holiday Village is a weather independent place to stay for visitors to Mayo and the surrounding area. We offer B&B, self-catering, caravan & camping and group accommodation for visitors as well as meeting rooms for conferences & workshops and cafe facilites for a quick bite to eat. Mayo's newest tourist route (opening Fall 2015) (The Greenway Walking and Cycling Route) passes through the grounds of Lough Lannagh Holiday Village. Individuals and groups welcome, special diets catered for, wheelchair and family friendly. Self Catering Castlebar & B&B Mayo Tourist Accommodation Whether you're looking to go on a family holiday, somewhere to stay for the night or you need to book your group in for a meeting or break, talk to us at Lough Lannagh Holiday Village Castlebar - we're sure we can help you. So what do you need? We have facilities for Bed and Breakfast, self catering holidays, conferences, meetings and groups of all sizes. See Tripadvisor for reviews. Whether staying for one night or a bit longer,, can offer excellent value, with terrific individual and group accommodation in a great location in Mayo, with so much going on Lough Lannagh Lodge AA 3 Star guest accommodation (24 ensuite bedrooms) Lough Lannagh ITB 4 star Self catering houses (11 cottages with in total 36 ensuite rooms. Lough Lannagh Caravan Park, ITB 3 star, 20 hardstanding bays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Lough Lannagh Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Lannagh Holiday Village Hotel Castlebar
- Lough Lannagh Holiday Village Castlebar