Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Croagh Patrick
from US$862.00
More Info
All reviews tough climb walking stick loose rocks coming down take your time hiking boots holy mountain bare feet sense of accomplishment bring water worth the effort worth the climb second half great hike clew bay bucket list last sunday
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Climbed on 2013 on my second visit to Ireland. Weather wasn’t the best but it was a bucket list thing for me. I was prepared but other climbers weren’t. On way up a American was coming down with no jacket, wrong shoes and a bleeding hand that required stitches. He told me he didn’t think it was going to be so hard and he slipped and fell. As I neared the top, a girl from a school excursion had slipped on the rolling rocks coming down and had a possible leg #. I helped splint her leg and they awaited mountain rescue. If you haven’t done this type of thing before, pick a clear day. The views are amazing then. Wear sturdy supportive shoes, waterproof jacket, water and be reasonably fit.Remember that each year people have died climbing the mountain.the last part near the top is hardest due to the large stones on the path

Date of experience: October 2017
2  Thank Tracey D
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Hi guys this place is great I am really big fan of Mayo in General. Croagh Patrick is amazing great views etc etc. Please please prepare before you go up there though its not some tiny walk it does take it out of you, I recommend taking some water and food and don't go up there in crazy weather conditions. There is a nice little shop by it expensive but cool. The restaurant right by it is 10/10.

1  Thank Chmalzating
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Climbed Croagh Patrick on Saturday 18th August, it was tough and requires a good level of fitness. First third of the walk was a steady climb, mid section enabled me to get my breath back and prepare for the last third which was tough, but when I got that far I knew I would get to the top ...eventually! Cloud came down so we had no views which was unfortunate but on saying that everyone walking was friendly and I enjoyed the challenge. Was tough coming down need to be very careful.

1  Thank lindamccrea
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

loose stones at the top,glad I wore hiking boots & had a stick on the way down. Great sense of achievement after.you need at least a moderate level of fitness !

Reviewed 17 August 2018

It is one Amazing climb, but you have to have time and be very careful..but overall awesome views and one for the bucket list for me.

Date of experience: July 2018