“SCANDAL AGREED”

Ranked #12 of 12 Drogheda B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“SCANDAL AGREED”
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I can only agree with the Scandal previously reported. We arrived at the scheduled allocated time, and was informed that the room was not ready, but I desperately needed to go to the washrooms as we had travelled some 5 hours in the car, only to be advised that the closest washrooms was a half hour walk to the library. The dinner was dreadful. We had been mssing salad whilst away from home, so ordered the salad with fish and chips. The fish was no better than fish fingers and the salad was "PEAS", DO NOT GO THERE, IT IS A SCAM. They also took my money from my credit card some 6 weeks before we arrived, otherwise we too would have gone to another place. We have learned a very valuable lesson. We too are in the hospitality industry and we would never treat international guests this way, it was disgusting. Out of the B&B's wwe stayed at, this was the very worst. But having said that, I now say this, Ireland is a very beautiful place and we will return, but not to Orley House

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank boBRENE
capepoint, Owner at Orley House, responded to this review, 1 November 2010
In reply to the lies written in the last review, due to not being able to check in early on arrival.

The guests arrived early and some guest were still in their rooms and some were having breakfast. Guest was told to go the the Black Bull restaurant which is just across the road from us and that their room would be ready in 30 minutes, out of a gesture ot goodwill due to check in time not for a further 4 hours, there was no mention of libary or wanting to use the toilet.

Guests had dinner and both enjoyed their dinner and enjoyed their own bottle of red wine in our conservatory . Guests were asked at dinner & breakfast if everything was alright or if they need anything else , nothing was asked for and there were no complaints.

The guests payment was prearranged with client as the expiry date on the card would have expired before the client arrived. Guest was emailed about this and had agreed with payment.

The room these guests stayed it was left in a terrible mess, both guests had a lot to drink. Guests were well looked after and recieved the best of everything from arrival to departure like every guest that comes to stay with us.

These were not you average Australian tourist which we have been looking after for over 20 years.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tel Aviv
Reviewed 3 June 2010

A warmest welcome, sightseeing advice and a hearty Irish breakfast from Peter, our host. The house is signposted from the main road, close to it but quiet at night. We got a twin (double+single) room on the second floor - I felt it was on the small side and, if you're taller than 6", watch your head in the bathroom and above the smaller bed.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank MaxTLV
Shinagawa, Japan
Reviewed 9 May 2010

Our three days stay was great, room has good sence and clean,
breakfast is very good, garden is beautiful. I felt very relaxed.
Furthermore, despite of my flight to Amsterdam was cancelled
because of the eruption of the volcano, staff was kindly made advise
to re-book the fligth from Belfast, and we successfully return to Japan.

I would like to stay again for a month, if I have a long holiday...

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
7 Thank ankyo
roma
Reviewed 31 August 2009

I have booked a double room august 24 and I have arrived for taking the room in the usual schedule of check in (to the 4.10 pm) and ... surprise... there was no anybody. I have rung to both the bells as in demand and nobody has opened, then I have waited 30 min. I have looked for another place in which to go to sleep, so I had lost the booking of the visit to Newgrange. .... When I have called the B&B Orley House (5 pm) they have said that they were to make shopping!! and then at 11 pm they withdraw me the money from the credit card!!!!!! despite I had distrusted them they have taken my money without having furnished me the performance!!! Now I have reported them to the italian authority.... Avoid you him

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank turist68
capepoint, Owner at Orley House, responded to this review, 4 September 2009
Client made a booking and cancelled at 5.20pm day of arrival , said they were staying in Dublin . Client claimed he was at Orley House but did not appear on cctv camera. Client was told of the cancellation charge when making his booking. The Client was not a nice person to deal with. As I did not fill my room the client was charged as per Cancellation Policy.
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed 21 May 2009

this was the first of two nights for us in drogheda.
great, residential location.
very quiet and serene. great breakfast.
close proximity to train to dublin as well as newgrange.
thank you!!