All reviews wedding planner civil ceremony wonderful wedding carvery lunch dance floor from start to finish best wishes red carpet staff were absolutely amazing little touches evening food large flat screen tv birthday party great meal function room tea coffee an understatement
Reviewed 20 April 2018

On the 23rd of March this year myself and my husband held our wedding ceremony and reception in the Glenside Hotel. Months earlier we met with Marie the hotel wedding planner. Attention to detail was utmost for Marie. Nothing was too much trouble. So professional at her job . Marie had everything under control On the big day. So organised we didn't have to worry about anything. We had the most wonderful meal the staff were amazing . After our meal we retired to the front lounge where DJ Mike who Is the resident DJ played music for a lot of happy dancers . From the moment Mike started playing until he finished the dance floor was full. We had a small wedding hence we retired to the front lounge. It was truly amazing. The evening food was also amazing we had a wonderful day and night . To anyone thinking of getting married please get in touch with Marie Inn The Glenside Hotel you won't be disappointed. Thank you to everyone in the Glenside Hotel for making our day so special. Brenda and William Dullaghan

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2018

This is a very nice hotel, good location and good price (stayed for 1-night mid-week). Room was very clean, a good night sleep and the breakfast was really good - staff working was very helpful and attentive, we hope to come back in the near future.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Just again want to take this special moment to say thank you for the most amazing day, (06/04/18), hospitality and service!It really all went off without a hitch and this is a testmony to all your hard work in the preceding days and months!Thanks for all your help!The gift is only a token of our appreciation!We had a fantastic day and so did our guests!Everyone is still telling us how amazing it was and the soup gets more mention than my dress most of the time We will be in touch again when we have the photos back from the photographer. "Marie" you are just a star, amazing you know your thing & please keep that hard work going. We wish you and the Glensidehotel staff many long and successful years in the business. Thanks for everything"

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

My parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary in The Glenside Hotel last weekend. It was a night that they, nor us, will ever forget. Everything was just so perfect from start to finish. With the red carpet on arrival, the champagne reception, fairy light backdrop, food, table decor, cake, flowers, hotel staff, service; everything was stunning.

A special mention to Marie, the event planner, who honestly couldn't have done more to make sure everything went to plan on the night. Marie put in so much effort to make sure my Mam and Dad had the most special night. Nothing was too much trouble and Marie organised everything to perfection. She loves what she does and it shows, there is nothing we could fault.

The bar staff / waiting staff & management also deserve a mention as they too worked so hard to make sure everything went well on the night. Everyone really went over and beyond.

All in all, I cannot recommend The Glenside enough! Whether its a party or a special occasion / wedding, you wont be disappointed. Thank you Aogan & all the staff at The Glenside Hotel for everything. My parents deserved only the best and that's exactly what they got.

Cant wait for the next party!! ;)

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CSheridan2013
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Went to this hotel for our group Christmas party night. As soon as I walked into the foyer I knew I was going to enjoy myself! The atmosphere was great and after a short wait we were ushered into the dining room. The meal came shortly afterwards and I cannot emphasise enough how friendly and helpful the staff were. They were dealing with a large and somewhat noisy group and could not have been more friendly.

The meal was delicious and everyone around me thought the same. Everything about it was well served, hot and tasty. If I were to have some little quibbles it would be that (a) we were seated very tightly together which made it very difficult to get up and leave your seat if needed and (b) the meal was served too quickly. Two small things which, for me, didn't spoil an otherwise very enjoyable night. Music was great too and we had a ball!

Looking forward to going back to this hotel sometime soon.

Date of stay: December 2017