Lowest prices for your stay
US$141
US$131
PricelineUS$141
Hotels.comUS$141
TravelocityUS$141
All reviews undergoing renovations comfortable rooms leisure facilities twin room swimming pool enjoyable stay reception ireland
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2020

After a busy season returning to work in the hospitality industry, a two day getaway in The Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club was all my friend and I needed to unwind. Greeted by Luiza at reception made an easy and streamlined check- in on Monday afternoon. Got to our twin room which was super comfy and relaxing. All bits and bobs individually packaged and sanitised made us feel safe and looked after during this pandemic.
Going down for dinner in the Bistro we were well looked after by Justyna and Jason. The food was gorgeous and the staff were all super friendly and accommodating. Getting back to the room we requested a bottle of water which Luiza promptly brought. Breakfast Tuesday morning was excellent. Check-out by Laura was lovely also on the Wednesday. Felt very welcome and rejuvenated after our stay! Thanks so much to all the staff who made our stay so excellent!

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank LaurenM20190
Boyne Valley Hotel, General Manager at Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2020

Hi Lauren,

It was great to have you here for your little getaway. Its good to be on the receiving end of hospitality every now and again!

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Best wishes,
Damien

Reviewed 12 August 2020

The Covid guidelines regarding social distancing and hand-hygiene are being well adhered to. We were met with a warm welcome and shown to our table promptly. The conservatory makes a very nice dining area with lovely views over the well-kept grounds.
We had been out during the day and just needed a main course, there were four of us and each went for something different: my sister-in-law had the Thai Green Chicken Curry and really liked it; my brother opted for the Catch of the Day which was monkfish and he was very pleased with it; my wife had the Duck breast on mash which was (I gather) undistinguished but certainly not bad and I had the Spinach Risotto which was well above average. For drinks we had one pint of Guinness which looked great and then wine which we ordered by the glass.
Service was very good, our waitress was very pleasant and we all expressed ourselves well satisfied and very pleased with our meal.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank O'Brien G
Reviewed 31 July 2020 via mobile

I was actually very disappointed with my stay in the Boyne Valley, my intention was a getaway with my partner for a little romantic break so I checked locally for a nice little hotel with a pool and gym. I Searched and booked online directly with their website after reviewing It. It seemed to tick all the boxes. Unfortunately upon arrival the website had declined to mention the hotel was going through some building work with heavy machinery and building materials onsite. Upon checking in I was also told the pool and jacuzzi were not open due to covid 19 restrictions, they could of mentioned this on their website ?(which had a piece on covid compliance so it had been updated) then my final gripe was being woken up at 8:30am the following morning with the thunderous hammering and electric saws. To be honest I feel cheated it’s not what I paid for and not what I received. The staff were very nice but I won’t be back.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Damien McDaid, Other at Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2020

Dear John,

My apologies that your stay at the hotel did not meet your expectations. Our pool area is indeed temporarily closed due to Covid-19 restrictions and information on this is visible in a few areas on our website, and also within our confirmation letter. Our staff are informing all guests of this temporary closure for all phone and email bookings. I regret that you were not aware of this prior to arriving at the hotel.

We had some construction work scheduled the morning of your departure but it certainly shouldn't have started at 8.30am. I know i spoke to the contractor at 9am that morning and the work was pushed back to closer to the afternoon. The work has now been completed.

Id like to make amends for the shortcomings you experienced during your time with us, please contact me by emailing damien@boynevalleyhotel.ie or by calling the hotel.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back through our doors again.

Best wishes,
Damien

Reviewed 12 July 2020

Called in here for lunch yesterday. From the minute we stepped into reception, it was obvious that social distancing and hygiene practices are being fully adhered to in this establishment. We only wanted a sustaining bowl of soup and had no problem getting a table in the conservatory. Again, social distancing meant that tables were quite far apart, which was very good. Menus were brought quickly and as soon as we saw Seafood Chowder there, we had to have it. A jug of fresh water was brought to our table whilst we waited. Service was very good and when the chowder arrived, we could see it was absolutely crammed full of all types of fish and vegetables. The consistency, colour and texture of the soup was second to none, but it was such a terrible pity that it was absolutely pickled with salt! We love chowder and it’s something we often order, but yesterday’s experience left us drinking water all evening, so that had spoiled it a bit on us. I had a little giggle to myself when I looked into the dish that had the foil-covered butter portions in it – underneath were three sachets of salt. Definitely not needed on this occasion! Value was good as was service, but please, whoever is making the chowder, just lay off the salt, there is no need to add it as there is already plenty in the fish! Enjoyed the hotel though, and before we departed for a walk in the grounds, we gave our name and contact details in at reception – all part of Covid-19 Tracking and Tracing – the ‘new normal’.

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank DubTwosome
Reviewed 10 July 2020

One night stay in this hotel, new rooms are beautiful. Loved bathroom and water pressure strong in the shower which sometimes is not common.

Went to the Bar for a pint in the evening and bartender Jacob was amazing, all staff very nice with Manager Jason upfront.

this should be 4 star hotel with all amenities they have incl. Gym and pool.
Prices all probably the best in Drogheda however we stayed in February so that might be a reason why it was so good.

Hope will reopen soon and I will be able to come back for longer time. Hope Jacob and Jason will be there cuz the team in this hotel is absolutely 5 star if not higher.

Date of stay: February 2020