“Excellent ”

Ranked #5 of 131 Restaurants in Drogheda
Price range: US$3 - US$33
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to West29 Restolounge, Winner of 'Best Place to Eat 2012 & 2014' at Drogheda Chamber Business Awards.Come on down for dinner and you'll find a stylish and vibrant restaurant setting awaiting you. West29 RestoLounge offers a stylish, fun and casually elegant dining experience that is bound to impress the most discerning of foodies, whether you choose to share from a wide selection of our sharing style offerings or enjoy individual entrees from a extensive variety of steaks, seafood & pastas......Yum!! We can cater for group bookings, christenings, weddings, business and family celebrations.
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We had the pleasure of dining here for n Friday the 7th July table of 4
6.30 booking we where met by the head waiter who was very attentive to our needs explained the menus and indeed a lot of questions that we asked him very very professional in his work
We where served by a lovely lady sorry we don’t have your names again excellent service
The food oh my god the best ever
Chef you sure know your stuff
All in All a fantastic night was had by All
Great service smiling faces and fantastic food
A pleasure for us to dine here
We will be back
We give this restaurant and team 10 put of 10

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

I was at West 29 last night with a small group of friends - all ladies. The restaurant was about half full. Their aircon wasn’t switched on so it was absolutely baking - they had plug in oscillating fans only - not pleasant. Very soon we encountered the man who was to ruin our evening - I believe he’s the head waiter. He was bald and not wearing a name tag so I can’t name him. Right from when we ordered our food he was condescending and giving us dirty looks and we have no idea why. Perhaps he didn’t like our steak cooking requests??!! We ordered cocktails to have before our starters came. We had to ask for them twice more as there was no sign of them and he was very dismissive - just barked that they were on the way. But we could see there was nobody at the bar so they weren’t being made at all. They eventually were made and came about a minute before our starters. We only got them thanks to the lady who saved our night from complete ruin - a lovely waitress named Lolita who was super efficient and professional throughout our visit and looked after us so well. On to the food then: the prawns pil pil starter was completely tasteless - prawns floating in a watery liquid with onion and chillis floating in it - no flavour. Worst pil pil I’ve ever had. My fillet steak main was excellent, cooked exactly to my specifications and served with a tiny scoop of mash and my chosen side of cauliflower cheese. We didn’t stay for dessert, the bald waiter man with the judgemental looks put us right off staying so we paid and left, thanking Lolita for taking care of us. She was clearly chuffed to be thanked personally. She told us she’s a trainee there. I sure hope she moves on to a workplace and employer that will treat her well - she has great instincts. We will never go back to this restaurant again and recommend you avoid it.

1  Thank LouizeC
westcourt, Manager at West29 RestoLounge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Dear LouizeC,

Thank you for your recent visit to West29 Restolounge. I am very disappointed to read the negative parts of your review. Thank you for acknowledging the positive parts of your evening with us. Can you please contact me to discuss all the issues that you have mentioned in your review.

Best Regards

Barry Carter | Manager
barry@westcourt.ie | 0419830966

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a really nice meal here last weekend. Great menu and food was delicious. I had surf n turf, fab.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We love coming to West 29 for their beautiful tapas menu. We usually have some tapas with a glass of wine!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I am writing this review concerning a visit by my wife and two of her friends, the three of them had a nice meal on the day in question but found the service to be very slow, when they asked for the bill they were left waiting for 20 minutes at their table, they decided to go to the till on the way out and pay, they proceeded to go to Woodrow s for a drink, an hour after entering Woodrow a waiter approached them and accused them of not paying, they said they did and he pointed his finger at one of them and said to follow him to the restaurant, he asked them to point out who they payed which she did and the girl who took the payment said she forgot to ring it up on the till ?? , This waiter turned and never apologized and just walked away, when the ladies reported this to the manager his reply was simply " sure these things happen " not even an apology there either, when contacted the next day they said they will look into it and be in touch, 3 weeks later and still no contact from the manager, very disappointed with this behaviour from management and staff and will not be returning,☹️

2  Thank Davandjack
westcourt, Manager at West29 RestoLounge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Davandjack,

Unfortunately there were communication issues between two staff members on the night in question, which we genuinely did apologise for. Two ladies did make a complaint to me at reception, I did sincerely apologise for what had happened and as far as I was aware, the situation was dealt with.
I can guarantee you that I did not say ‘sure these things happen’ and you are incorrect that I did not make a sincere apology, two of the ladies know me, and they know that I would never be as dismissive as you say I was.
If your wife or her friends could contact me, I would like to resolve this unfortunate situation.

Best Regards