“If you want to eat Italian in Ireland I would recommend this place!”

Da Vincenzo Food and Wine Hall Authentic Italian
Ranked #27 of 319 Restaurants in Limerick
Price range: US$12 - US$33
Description: Ciao, my name is Vincenzo, welcome to my restaurant. I was brought up in Italy in the tiny streets of Naples where I learned to perfect the art of great pizza & pasta at my grandmother's knee. My passion for great Italian food has taken me all over the world until my beautiful wife and I decided to settle in Ireland and our spiritual home of Limerick. We Italians are warm and friendly by nature and I wanted to bring you some of the great cuisine of my country but also the wines - there are over 200 in stock and we have, with the help of the folks in Findlater Wines, come up with a few ideas for you to try as many as possible without breaking the bank! So, sit back, relax and savour the flvours and tastes I have collected from all over Italy for you to enjoy!
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We had nice antipasti, pasta, pizza, side dish and dessert all fresh and tasteful. Ask Vincenzo to make you an espresso that made it perfect for us!

1  Thank Nina N

Reviewed 24 July 2017

took my boyfriend here for his birthday . the staff were very welcoming and helpful .
they remembered it was his birthday and produced a dessert with a candle and took our picture and presented it to us which was a really nice touch.
the food was fab as was the wine.
after dinner we had a cocktail which does fantastic espresso martinis yum will defo return here :D

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Really great food here and it's decent value for what you're served. The staff are absolutely fantastic, so friendly and attentive!

1  Thank TravellingHG
Reviewed 22 July 2017

You enter this restaurant via The George Hotel entrance on Shannon street, there is on street parking all around and then either use the escalator or the lift which brings you to the hotel reception. To the left is the restaurant and you are welcomed immediately..and what a welcome! Vincenzo is full of exuberance and is passionate about his restaurant. If you meet the hostess first, she will still welcome you warmly, just a little calmer. Do not be taken aback by Vincenzo, just go with his exuberance, it adds to the wonderful experience.
After seating, water is brought straight to the table and you are asked if you have been before and informed of the 'Specials of the day,' one of which will be a fresh fish dish. You are not rushed and the waiting staff are at a discreet distance, however instantly attentive when you need them, even when busy.
We ordered the Pate and the Calamari to start, plus a little garlic bread. Both dishes were excellent, the Calamari tender and I could've ordered seconds of this. The Pate was rich, yet the texture light and full of flavour. For mains we ordered the Carbonara, which was authentic for the Napoli region and excellent, the pancetta rich and salty, the cheese and egg sauce creamy. This was the best Carbonara I have had outside Italy.
Dessert was the Chocolate pot and the Tiramisu, simply divine! The Tiramisu was heaven and the Chocolate pot rich, smooth and decadent.Both desserts came with a piece of homemade Biscotti, crisp and melted in the mouth.
We had wine and coffee and the bill for two came to approx 60euro, which for the quality of the food was excellent value for money.
Vincenzo is originally from Napoli and will happily tell you his life story. He welcomes you as if you are a part of his family and enjoys talking to the children too.
His staff explain the dishes to you with as much passion as he has and he checks every dish before it goes to the table. The chefs can be seen to cook with an eye for quality. The ingredients are very fresh, excellent quality and you will not go home hungry or dissatisfied.
There is an authentic stone pizza oven and the pizzas look sensational. You will not be rushed to finish your meal and booking is advised at weekends.
My Daughter was wearing her uniform on the evening we visited and three weeks later received a call from Vincenzo himself. He then delivered pizza for the entire fire service in Limerick City for free! this was not a publicity stunt, we discovered he does this without requiring any gratitude.
This restaurant is for everyone. Young, older, people with a mobility difficulty, all are catered for in a welcoming, quality envornment. Marco Pierre White, Vincenzo and his chefs will teach you how to create authentic Italian.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I'm a regular at Da Vincenzo and the George hotel and I really can't rate it highly enough. The food is amazing and the service is first class. Such a relaxed and fun environment to spend lunch or dinner. I have tried almost everything on the menu but my favourites are the Nero pizza and the hake, devine! !! The value for money here seems too good to be true at times, pizza and a beer for €15. Later in the evening music and cocktails in the bar rounds off the night nicely. I really can't understand any of the negative comments about this place, best Italian in Limerick!!