“THIS FINE ASIAN RESTAURANT IS IDEALLY SITUATED AND SERVES GREAT FOOD”

Clover Thai and Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #145 of 319 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai, Healthy
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Both of us called in to the Clover Restaurant for lunch.
For starters C had the THAI CALAMARI and I had the CHICKEN SWEETCORN SOUP.Both were delicious.
C had the DUCK TERIYAKI WITH FRIED RICE and I had the
TEPPAN CHICKEN TERIYAKI WITH BROWN RICE.
For drinks C had a glass of WHITE WINE and I had a glass of CLUB ORANGE.
We enjoyed our meal and plan to come back again.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Just had take out from here.

I ordered a Japanese ramen dish and the missus ordered a Pad Thai. For two cuisines that are quite distinct from each other they both tasted like bad Chinese food.

Same tasteless dish but with different meats. Not even a few generous dollops of sriracha could save them.

Won't be going back.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

I visited here with my family this evening and could not have been more disappointed. In fact I don't think I've ever been so disappointed after a meal. The food was terrible and the service was poor.

We took a chance on trying somewhere new and all we were left with was regret.

The chicken was chewy and of poor quality, the rice stodgy and the portions small.

Extremely poor. I would not recommend this restaurant. For your money you'll get far better in limerick.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

Food was a buffet for €12.99 per person. The food was lukewarm with skin on top and had obviously been sitting for far too long. Tasted okay but like low end Chinese takeaway standard. The sushi was bland and no fish unless you count fish stick on a cube of rice. I was also I'll afterwards so cannot recommend eating here. Shame as has potential but little choice and cold old food that looked like it had been out all day. Also when they top up the dishes they did not change for clean containers just tipped food into the old food that had a dry crust around edges etc.
The toilest were also not clean and did not have seats on the toilet!
All round very disappointed

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Only Japanese and Thai in this restaurant is sign outside saying it,food is Chinese and taste like Chinese,decor is Chinese and writing on lamps is Chinese,nothing against Chinese but should stop misleading people.We got teriyaki steak( think it was called that) which was old and tasted like shoe sole,middle eastern chef tried to cover it with ton of spices but it didn't do the job.Pretty much walked out hungry with pretty large bill.Would not recommend,if you want good Chinese then go to other places.2 Stars for friendly waitresses.