“Relaxing coffee breaks”

Ranked #9 of 317 Restaurants in Limerick
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Hook & Ladder "Living Cafe" is an Irish owned family business. It offers customers a variety of store concepts under one roof - cafe, cookery school, furniture and home accessories store. Customers can relish the delicious cafe offerings, enhance their culinary skills in the Cookery School, buy locally sourced produce from the artisan display, or purchase a distinctive and inspiring range of occasional furniture and accessories. We are continuously striving to create and provide the ultimate customer experience by constantly evolving and introducing a 'third place' for our customers.
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We are regular visitors to these cafes in Limerick. Serve great coffees and light snacks and fairly reasonable. Service always friendly and efficient.

2  Thank cappa60

Reviewed 11 September 2017

My name is Suzann, from Ontario Canada. First time to Ireland. My self and 3 others had the pleasure of sitting down to an amazing breakfast at the Hook and Ladder on August 21st. The atmosphere inside, very cozy and warm. The smell of baked goods in the air was mind blowing. We had all decided to get the eggs benedict, one salmon, one spinach and the other two bacon. When the plates were placed in front of us, I was like a kid at the candy store, could not wait to dive into it and start eating. Now, how can I explain what my taste buds were doing, can't. All I can say is "OH MY GOD". It was the best eggs beanie I have ever had. The staff was simply amazing and on the ball, no time messing around. When we finished our meal and paid the bill, I had to go over and thank the Chefs in person, with the looks they gave me when telling me that I was welcome was surprising. I don't think that they get very many direct thank you's. I strongly suggest this place to drop in and have a bit. And make sure to thank the Chefs, please.

4  Thank Suzann C
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Really friendly staff.
The food was amazing. We both had Quesadillas - they were stuffed full of chicken and peppers and spices.
Good quality chips.
Good portion sizes.
Coffee is really well made.

4  Thank Lucy S
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We visited the place on a Sunday for coffee and cake. It was crowded and we had to wait to be sitted. I guess it's difficult to find an open cafe in Limerick on a Sunday. The mocha I had was really good and the red velvet cake delicious. Nice atmosphere and music. Service was friendly but maybe a little slow. We didn't have brunch or anything but at the other tables the dishes looked good. Recommendable!

3  Thank efidi
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

My Mother and I visited Limerick enroute to Cork, as our ancestors originate from both places.
Limerick was a very pleasant surprise, a bustling city with a lot of history. We headed to the museum and the medieval area where the castle is. It is a beautiful part of town. I did a check for a lunch venue online and noticed that Hook and Ladder rated highly.
It was easy to find, as it was in the city centre. When we arrived I was so pleased that we did. It was visually attractive, with various products lining the walls, and seats in the window. The staff were very helpful and the menu delicious. It was difficult to choose. The servng sizes were plentiful. The coffee was excellent, and the Batista was passionate about coffee. That mskes a big difference. They also have a good dessert selection. Overall it is a modern, cosy place to eat, and I thoroughly recommend it.

3  Thank jen h