1,323 results
All reviews hamptons restaurant molton brown toiletries dunnes stores turn down service afternoon tea the executive lounge sparkling water five star hotel car park eggs benedict star service limerick city lovely hotel junior suite steam room location is excellent top class
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked a room €180 for 3 on booking.com . We got 2 4ft beds and a folding bed. We were at a function in the hotel . There was no restrooms on the ground level you had to go to the first floor and use restroom there. . Later on the bar closed we were told we could go to the liabrary and have another drink there as I went in a rude night manage told me it was closed and he was so rude about it anyway we went in there and got another drink. There was a lot of bleach stains on the carpet as we walked to our room. You have to pay for parking in the car park across the road . No breakfast in that €180 + €10 each for a car. When we asked for room service we were told the kitchen was closed hello it is ment to be a five star not good enough. WOULD NEVER RETURN THERE. Not a good advertisement for the city. We have stayed in other hotels in the city and never experienced such rudeness.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

I wish I could say I was able to stay here. I had a booking for October 9th with my wife and 10 month old son that had been booked for 2 months. I got here, driving 60 minutes and they said they rebooked us to another hotel (with lower stars) because of maintenance. I was only offered the other hotel or a full refund. While I was calling my credit card for options, they checked in other guests. So it appears the issue was related to us only.

I would recommend staying elsewhere if you want to be guaranteed a room at the hotel you actually booked.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank dedaniac
Reviewed 8 October 2018

This a very classy hotel located in the centre of Limerick. Very nice welcome a we were given a nice room/ Toilet accessories...Molton Brown...wife very happy! Parking across the road in Dunnes multi storey carpark for 10 Euros. Concierge recommended different restaurants and pubs for first time visitors to Limerick. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2018

As part of a group of 24, I have just arrived home from two nights in the Savoy. From the moment we walked in the door, we were treated like VIP's. Efficient check in and a personal welcome from the Managing Director, Ronan Branigan. At every turn., we were asked if there was anything further could be done, if we were enjoying our stay and we had a beautiful private room for dinner on Saturday night. Food at night was exquisite.

The bar is friendly and intimate and the quality of the rooms was superb. Bed linen was very crisp and quilts guaranteed a very relaxed sleep. A proper coffee machine and a plentiful supply of tea, milk etc was much appreciated. A delivery of ice arrived to the room as standard on both evenings.

This was my first visit to the Savoy - it will not be my last. The quality of breakfast, with the fantastic bonus of serving it until 12 noon, was simply stunning. Variety such as what the Savoy offers is not common. The cold buffet was fresh and included poached salmon, every type of fresh fruit and a full piece of cooked ham. In addition the hot food menu was presented. I have never seen such an extensive menu for hot food in any hotel for breakfast, including a number of fish options.

The accessibility of the hotel to all of the amenities Limerick has to offer, makes it an ideal place to stay. If you want luxury, you will get it here. A huge thank you to the staff that make this the most enjoyable weekend stay I have ever had in an Irish hotel. The warmth is palpable and the staff are a huge credit to Management. See you all again. Simply outstanding.
Martha Woodcock
Kilkenny

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2018

We were amazed at the size of our room and the quality of everything in it. Room was very luxurious and we wished we could have spent more time to enjoy it. Reception staff were helpful and friendly. Great location close to bus departure for Dublin so an easy walk. Plenty of choice around for dining.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple