1,335 results
All reviews hamptons restaurant molton brown toiletries dunnes stores turn down service afternoon tea the executive lounge sparkling water five star hotel car park eggs benedict limerick city lovely hotel junior suite steam room central location top class location is excellent
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Stayed here for a night recently,
Room excellent ..staff so helpful.
Our dinner in the restaurant was really good and I would recommend it.
Parking is a bit of a problem but it was well explained to us

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

My husband booked a night’s stay including dinner at The Savoy to celebrate my birthday. We had a horrible experience here due to a number of factors.

On arrival the reception staff were cold. I gave them the benefit of the doubt as I thought maybe they were just going overboard when trying to act ‘formal’.

My husband spoke to the receptionist the day before we arrived and asked if he could book for dinner in the restaurant as it was part of our package. He was told that there was no need, that he could book on arrival the following day.

On check in we were asked if we had booked our dinner, as we hadn’t (because we weren’t allowed!!) the receptionist rang the restaurant to book us in, she said that they were completely full with diners and we would therefore have to dine in ‘the library’. This in itself was completely unacceptable but we swallowed it and went up to our room to get ready. The shower was luke warm and the tv was incredibly blurry.

We then went down to the library which was a bizarre setting for a dinner. It was 8 o’clock on a Saturday night and I honestly felt like I was in a nursing home. The carpeted walls, shaggy rugs, afternoon tea goers, harsh bright lighting and lack of any music was more fitting of the one-o’clock club than a 5 star dining experience. There were 3 make shift tables at the edge of the room which didn’t look like they belonged there and we were just plonked there. Again, we mellowed ourselves and thought at least the food will be good.

Unfortunately it was terrible. I ordered a goats cheese tart which lacked goat’s cheese and tasted like a greasy shop bought pastry case filled with cold scrambled egg. Just when I thought things couldn’t get worse my main course arrived. I ordered turkey and ham. The meat was luke warm at best, and the vegetables were abnormally large and raw. At this point I complained to the waiter and was told he would get me a free drink. As I am (clearly) pregnant I declined and asked to speak to the manager.

He let it slip that the restaurant where we were supposed to be dining was booked out for a private function. So the woman at reception had lied to us on two occasions. We could never have booked in advance because there was a party in there, yet they didn’t tell us and allowed us to pay (an extortionate amount) for the package. I eventually managed to get them to deduct the price of the meal from our bill which still wasn’t adequate but it was the most they would do.

One plus point to this place, when you are completely let down by the service and food, it is within walking distance to at least 5 fast food restaurants. I enjoyed my birthday burger, just hated my entire experience with this hotel.

If you’ve ever stayed at a real 5 star hotel don’t go near this place. You’ll pay more and leave completely baffled by how cheap and average your experience was!!

Date of stay: December 2017
5  Thank ClaireW2337
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

My sisters and mum spent two luxurious nights here this weekend. It was not our first time here and we hope to return very soon. The breakfast is superb, offering a gourmet and inventive buffet as well as a made to order cooked menu. Delicious, every morsel. Hands down, the best breakfast ever!
The staff were so lovely, all going out of their way to make our stay even more special. We had dinner in the Hamptons restaurant, which is part of the hotel and it was out of this world. Mouthwatering taste combinations, expertly prepared and beautifully presented. We were so impressed! Again, the staff there were exceptional.
Rooms are richly decorated and luxurious. Everything was pristine! Well done to the Savoy.....this place cannot be outdone!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2017

We visited Ireland in late November and had spent a day driving the Ring of Kerry. We decided to head north to Limerick for the evening, so booked a hotel room late in the day. We got a great deal online and were extremely happy with our choice. The staff was friendly, the room was quite large, and the king size bed was very comfortable. The hotel was also walking distance to several restaurants, shopping and Limerick attractions.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2017

We found hotel very easily as it is on a main road & then followed the instructions they had given us to park on the top floors of Dunnes Car Park.
Lobby & bar were very plush & a pleasure to sit in.
We were upgraded to an executive room which was a wonderful touch. The room was large& ample for our needs, great shower & Molton Brown toiletries.
Breakfast was very good with a wide selection of foods hot & cold.
I was disappointed that the room did not have a Nespresso machine just instant coffee,particularly as the coffee machine in the executive lounge was broken.
Staff were lovely & I would highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2017