“Nice hotel, good service”
Review of The Savoy Hotel

The Savoy Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 25 January 2012

My family spent one night at the Savoy during a three week, multi-city vacation in Ireland. The hotel was very nice, the rooms were clean and well appointed, and the staff was very helpful. The adjacent restaurant, Hamptons, was excellent. Our only complaint was the city of Limerick itself.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river get a fair amount of wind noise but the views are quite nice.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 January 2012

I stayed here for one night in August for a get together with my girl friends. The rooms are very luxurious as are the bathrooms. THere was three in our room and we had plenty space. Very comfortable beds and the breakfast went on until midday I think. THe pancakes were devine, better than pancakes that I recently had in a five star hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel for a group of friends, a romantic break, rugby match etc. There is a car park across the road and you are very near all the main nightspots and shops. It would be 15-20 minute fast walk to Thomond park.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We spent a night here as we were attending a friend's birthday celebration. Check in was quick and easy and we opted for the valet parking. They don't push this on you and recommend the self parking across the street but we wanted the easy option so chose to pay the €20. We were allocated a room on the 8th floor which was very nice and we had great views of the river and Thomand Park (on a match night which was interesting!).

The bed was comfortable and all the room ammenities were up to standard but it's not 5 star, don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with it but having stayed in a number of 5 star hotels this is a good 4 star, it doesn't offer the luxury you would expect in a 5 star hotel.

The location is great, right in the city centre. Drinks in the bar were great, we also had a drink in the lounge but as we were not eating there they really wanted us out and didn't hide this fact and stood over us as we were finishing our drinks which was a bit annoying. We had breakfast which was lovely, good choice and an oh so friendly manager.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors for the views!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I recently stayed at the 5 Star Savoy in Limerick & was seriously impressed with the Suite (Room 810). I enjoyed a large room space with workstation & the highlight was the swivel entertainment centre in the middle of the room!
The bath & shower were wonderful, as was the view of the Shannon Estuary & King John's Castle from the 8th floor window.
The staff were completely professional, courteous & smiling.
I was on business in the region the following day & was completely relaxed for my travels, especially after the large silver service, full Irish breakfast! The location right in the heart of Limerick City is ideal actually for social butterflies, with bars & clubs nearby. The car park was also free up to 08.30 the following morning & was right across the street from the hotel.
I didn't get a chance to check out the spa facilities, which look amazing, but will do so on my return trip.
I would recommend this hotel to business travelers & recreational visitors alike & would whole-heartedly refer my family, friends & colleagues to the Savoy.

Room Tip: Room 810 on the 8th Floor has the swivel TV!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2012

All you can expect from a 5 star hotel. I was unable to work the Air con correctly so it was either far too hot or far too cold. Loose tile on bathroom floor and plenty pigeon poo on the balcony BUT we did have a fantastic time. Service really is exceptional you would be silly not to stay here as the location and hospitality makes it well worth the visit!

• Stayed: December 2011