2 people are viewing this hotel
Official SiteUS$131
Agoda.comUS$140
HurbUS$145
2,606 results
All reviews abbey river great hotel superior room locke bar modern hotel city centre within walking distance king john's castle nespresso machine hunt museum car park spacious rooms both nights stayed here for one night hen party top class bar staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 December 2022

Lovely hotel, ideally situated for going out in Limerick, excellent staff, room was spotless and breakfast was very good, overall a great hotel, in a super place, will difinately visit again, can't fault the place

Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2022

Fantastic hotel. My Sisters, Mum and Aunt stayed on Friday and Saturday night in the hotel. My mum and I were the first to arrive and had the best massage, feeling relaxed we chilled out in our spacious room overlooking the Cana with a glass of wine. We were shortly joined by my sister and Aunt and had dinner in the restaurant, it was outstanding. The food was on a par with Neven Maguire's restaurant in Blacklion.
On the Saturday we walked to UL by the canal from the hotel. it was a lovely walk. After that my sister got her hair done in the hotel and the rest of us went shopping, my mum was thrilled to get a new coat in Brown Thomas, on the Saturday we ate out in la piccolo and came back to the hotel for drinks. The staff are so friendly and helpful and the atmosphere in the bar was festive. The bedrooms were immaculately clean and the beds super comfy. A shout out to Calum on reception and to the two Luke’s. The parking was secure and safe with direct access to reception and no additional parking charges.
100 percent recommend this hotel. Also met a few girls (in the lift) on a hen party from Kerry who were also raving about the hotel. Take a bow Absolute hotel Limerick and keep up the good work.

Room tip: Book early for your dinner reservations. The quality of the food is so good it can fill up fast. We were lucky to get a spot.
Date of stay: November 2022
Reviewed 24 November 2022 via mobile

Be careful! Lovely hotel , couldn’t fault it until going down for breakfast on my last day . For some bizarre reason the cleaner , had took every item out of my room , even though to anybody with any sense it was still clearly occupied and way before check out time . After a couple of trips to reception , I was then informed my stuff was in the “lost property “. When I managed to get my bag back , several items were missing , and I asked to staff at the time if they could locate them . This wasn’t possible even though the time passed was at maximum an hour , so I don’t know what they had done with them , but they still obviously had to be on the property . On e mailing management on my return home the general manager replied that he hoped my things would turn up ??!! I have no idea how he thought this could be possible as they disappeared from my room in his hotel , and I was now in a different country . Most unsatisfactory, if not blatant dishonesty .

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Kuga13
Donnacha Hurley, General Manager at Absolute Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2022

I'm really disappointed to see this feedback. Sorry
It is really difficult to comment on this specific issue without all the details.
We don't automatically remove items from bedrooms without good reason, and if we did make a mistake we would try to address.
Sometime for example if a room was down as a departure and perhaps left a small toilet bag in the room, that may be removed and logged as lost property.
Clearly as you say I have emailed you but due to tripadvisor I cannot revert on what i said or why i used the words "i hoped things would turn up"
We have a clear standard in place and while clearly things can go wrong we have never in over 15 years had an unexplained item lost or stolen.

Regards

Donnacha Hurley

Regards

Donnacha

Reviewed 9 November 2022

We only stayed 1 night at this hotel but it was an excellent stay. The hotel has on site parking and the rooms are modern and spacious. The staff are amazing, so friendly and knowledgeable. Chelsey on reception was incredibly helpful when I made a mistake with my original booking. It is close to the city centre and we had a lovely walk along the river whilst we were there. We ate in the hotel in Harry's bar. The goat cheese and beetroot salad was lovely as was the pork plate. Wouldn't hesitate to go back again.

Date of stay: October 2022
Reviewed 31 October 2022 via mobile

Extremely pleasant! The rooms were clean and well accessorized. But the best part was the wonderful staff. They were so helpful, answered any of our questions thoroughly, helped us get around the city, and were very accommodating. The breakfast was awesome as well and they did offer gluten free options, you just have to ask :). We had to leave early the day we were leaving limerick and they even had little to go bags and breakfast for us.
The hotel is also close to the city center and there is a ton to do. We recommend the Locke Bar that’s very close. Highly recommend the stay here!

Room tip: We recommend walking wherever you can as the streets get a little congested and the bus and taxis take some time. But very easy to navigate
Date of stay: October 2022