2,172 results
All reviews abbey river bar and grill great hotel superior room modern hotel within walking distance city centre king john's castle secure parking hunt museum car park hotel restaurant great room both nights buffet style would highly recommend this hotel stayed here for one night
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Got a terrific deal here for bed & breakfast with evening meal and late checkout, a group of us went with a plan to shop and have a night out, Hotel is ideally located within walking distance to city centre and we had a meal booked in the restaurant/grill for 7pm as part of the deal it was 3 courses, there was a terrific selection of starters, mains and desserts, I went with the steak for mains and there was a supplement to be honest I didn’t mind as it was fabulous, would definitely recommend here. Breakfast was good plenty of choices from the buffet and we did ask for poached eggs which was no problem. I will also say the staff were excellent and Sandra on reception was extremely helpful, bedrooms were fab and so too were the showers we had a superior twin would highly recommend a stay here, I’ll be back thank you.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank SiobhanO170
FoManagerAbsolute, Front Office Manager at Absolute Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thanks for the positive review, i am delighted to hear you will return. Check out our Special Offers, we have a Happy Friday that would kick start anyone's weekend off to a great start

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here during business trip. Walked straight from complimentary car park to reception. Check in was fast one signature. Was upgraded to superior room. Best non suite hotel room I have ever stayed in, stunning.

Food in bar was okay. House wine was poor quality in general. Breakfast was good.

Service from all staff was excellent, from check in, to bar and to restaurant.

Definitely will stay again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Best !!! I will take that any day. I am glad to hear our Team at the Absolute looked after you during your stay.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent Hotel, very modern great location parking facilities!

Good size rooms,comfortable beds, sound proof door.

Amazing one night stay last week.
Second time I've stayed in this hotel,this will be my Choice when ever I visit Limerick!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Hopefully we can get you for two nights the next time you venture to Limerick!

Thanks for the Great review

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Nice hotel great staff and good location. The rooms where nice and clean (not use to no top sheets or wash cloths) room. The water pressure was weak. Breakfast which was part of the pan was traditional if your ordered scramble the eggs where great and hot.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 21 November 2017

We had a very positive experience from check-in to check out. A nice warm and cheerful welcome with all the necessary information imparted very clearly and efficiently. The lobby is amazing with a wonderful Graham Knuttel tapestry and the Christmas trees were just going up. Also a most interesting variety of sculptural pieces with an engineering theme...quite thought provoking and apt.
The lifts were very quick and efficient - we never found ourselves having to wait too long for a lift.
We were bowled over by our room which overlooked the Abbey River. It was warm and airy, well equipped and looked more like a luxury apartment than a hotel bedroom. The lighting options were first class. The bathroom was modern, spotless and very well equipped.
We had a Nespresso machine (that worked!) and a kettle, we even had an iron and the guest information book was both comprehensive and well laid-out.
Breakfast was a high-point. The range available was astounding (I won't list it all) - we both like muesli and / or granola - they had both and a superb range of fresh and dried fruit, seeds and nuts to go with them.
The hot breakfast was excellent - I had scrambled egg, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms - my wife added rashers and sausages to hers. All was very good and the scrambled egg was exceptionally good.
Our coffee pot was faulty and spilled, much to our embarrassment, but our waitress was very observant and came to the rescue and had the faulty pot replaced very quickly. Her general efficiency in the dining room was first class - a real treasure.
We even tried out the pancake-making machine - the results were fine with a nice range of toppings from maple syrup to honey, nutella and berry compote adding to the finished product.
All in all a great experience.
If I mention two or three minor quibbles they are mentioned in the light of so much which was right. In fact I'd say this is an example of an Irish hotel which has really got its act together and deserves to be no 1 in Limerick.
Above our dressing table there was a socket but it was so close to the top of the unit that it was impossible to use with a standard three-pin plug, the room-safe was wedged beside a fold-out bed and very impractical to use and the plug in the hand-basin was jammed so I couldn't put water in the basin to shave (Room 322).
I would still warmly recommend the Absolute Hotel to anyone visiting Limerick - without exception every staff-member we met (including those who serviced the rooms) were friendly and professional - what more could you ask for!

Room Tip: A view of the river is worth having
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gearoid O O
FoManagerAbsolute, Front Office Manager at Absolute Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Thanks for the overall super positive review, I couldn't have written a better advert for the hotel myself.....!!!
Although seriously its great to see from all aspects of your stay that we met your expectations. It is extremely important that all our guests have an Absolute amazing experience & from reading this review we are most defiantly are doing something right.
Thanks Gearoid !!
Myself & the team at the Absolute would love to welcome you back to the Hotel