1,684 results
All reviews central location car park o'connell street the heart of the city single room boutique hotel hen party great night bar restaurant lovely hotel reception area saturday night would highly recommend this hotel enjoyable stay stayed here for one night following morning escalator
Reviewed 4 September 2018

I cannot say that my overall experience of George Limerick was bad. But neither can I say it was good. To start the hotel charged my credit card the day before I arrived and claim it is part of their hotel policy that they inform the clients. Note that I booked via Booking.com and almost always pay cash upon arrival and was not informed at any point about already being charged or that I would be charged before my arrival. I have booked many hotels via booking.com and have been paying cash in many different countries that I have travelled.

Then we were given a room on the 3rd floor that air-conditioning was not working. Given that some hotels do not have AC in Ireland, I was not sure when I saw 2 fans in the room, at the same time I saw the AC remote control. So I decided to call the front desk. They claim that there was maintenance happening and the AC would not be fixed till after we depart. I would have thought that they would have informed us when checking in.

Fortunately, they gave us another room on the 7th for, I am sure it was a better room.

Note that there are many one-way streets in Limerick, and hence to get the carpark nearest the hotel, you would have to go round the block (U-turn) to get to the entrance.

Room tip: Ask for higher floor
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank G0dL0vesU
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Our group of 6 booked into this hotel at the last moment when we learned the booking we had at another location did not have air conditioning. We found out after settling into our rooms that only some of the rooms have air conditioning.... so be sure to request at check in! We were given rooms next to each other which was appreciated.

The hotel is very modern on the outside. There is a small indentation to unload luggage in front of the hotel and the parking is a block away (you will need to pay, but they were super accommodating of our oversized van and the price was very reasonable). The lobby is a full flight up with escalator and a small elevator. For those wanting to smoke without going down to the street, there is a smoking porch off of the lobby. A bar and restaurant is also on this level.

Check in was good, security is very tight. We had a few visitors while in town and they were not allowed up to the room without one of us going down to escort them up. We appreciated this as the elevators are right off a public bar and restaurant.

The rooms were very traditional. It was warm and with the windows open there was a lot of street noise. There was a fan in the room which helped. The bed was comfortable but I found the pillows inadequate. No one else complained. Tea and coffee making is standard.

The staff were very accommodating and responsive including housekeeping and the restaurant staff.

Would go back knowing this if I had an air conditioned room at a good price.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We have stayed in the George numerous times in the last few years and always enjoy our stays. I love the bar and drinks menu. Really funky modern decor throughout the hotel. On this occasion the only thing we disliked about our stay was the massive wooden surround on our bed, it was built so our pillows were leaning on an angle on it, it was uncomfortable and during the night we both hit our hands and knuckles on it. Really was very annoying. But overall the hotel is lovely and is so central with parking just around the corner in howleys quay.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2018

I spent a week in Limerick for work, and stayed at the George. Their staff was amazing, and went out of their way to put a bleary-eyed traveler in a room far earlier than normal check-in, as I arrived before 7 am on a Sunday! The single room was perfect for me as a business traveler, and the hotel was neat and clean. It is centrally located within Limerick City Center, and an easy walking distance to many of the city sites. It's also an easy walk to the bus stops to get to the university. I would stay here again, for both business and leisure.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of times now and can honestly say I never had a complaint. Clean, friendly and pleasant staff. Food is beautiful and atmosphere is relaxing, easy to get work done while here. This is now my limerick hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business