2,973 results
All reviews the river across the bridge junior suite city centre lovely hotel the executive lounge wedding reception thomond park king john's castle function room car park great room would highly recommend this hotel top class last weekend from start to finish bar staff
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the strand with two children last weekend. Fantastic large family room. Leisure centre was brilliant. Location is perfect as a short stroll across the river took us into the Christmas markets in the city and lots of lovely restaurants! Despite a huge Christmas party taking place in the hotel on Sat night the staff were lovely and nothing was a problem. Our room was very quiet with no sound from the party or other guests audible. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel! We will be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Anncon555
strandmanager2015, Manager at Limerick Strand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us following your recent stay at Limerick Strand Hotel. I was delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience. I was glad to hear you found our staff so friendly and accommodating. I was also glad to hear you found our location so convenient for you. I was delighted to read that our family room met your expectations and you had a good nights sleep.
Thanking you in advance for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit to Limerick.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

No ATM or access to cash on site was a big disadvantage. While attending a function in the Hotel i had to walk over the bridge toward town to get cash as no cash back faciltiy was available at the hotel and was a grave inconvenience. Other than that, this is a great hotel

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Andrew H

Thank you for your review and kind comments about our hotel following you recent stay with us at Limerick Strand Hotel. In relation to ATM facilities we are currently in the process of providing a facility on site and hope to have the install completed by the new year.
I was delighted to read that your experience with us was pleasant, and that you enjoyed the hotels facilities and service provided.

Thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

The Strand is the epitome of hotel comfort, efficiency and friendliness which is achieved by superb management, comfortable, well equipped accomdation and an unsurpassed level of guest service delivered by caring employees.

I had many reasons to speak with various hotel staff members about a variety of topics and without exception I received the service I required delivered in a warm and friendly manner. Nothing appeared to be too much trouble and I felt at all times that staff members genuinely cared for my needs.

Congratulations, having travelled extensively over many years, the Strand is my benchmark for hotels not only at the Strand price level but also for hotels with significantly higher prices.

The facilities and efficiency of a large well organised business combined with the friendliness of a small family hostelry is a magic combination achieved by very few. You do of course have the advantage of being Irish, which when it comes to charm and friendliness you have a “head start”.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
strandmanager2015, Manager at Limerick Strand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay with us here at Limerick Strand Hotel.
We pride ourselves on exceeding guests’ expectations and delivering enjoyable and memorable experience. We greatly appreciate your lovely comments about our hotel. It is always a pleasure to read such positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Traveled to limerick from South Wales for karate competition chose this hotel for the location staff were helpful rooms were very comfortable food was lovely Couldn’t have made a better choice would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to limerick had a lovely relaxing few days .

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
strandmanager2015, Manager at Limerick Strand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this lovely review of Limerick Strand Hotel following your recent stay with us.
It was so lovely to read that we exceeded your expectations. Every one of my colleagues’ endeavor to provide our guests with as comfortable a stay as possible and we are glad that you had such an enjoyable time.
Thank you again for this lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Limerick Strand Hotel very soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

I have just returned from a wonderful weekend at the Strand Hotel. I was there to celebrate my mothers 70th birthday along with 14 others including kids. I made the arrangements for the group and have to mention how patient and helpful John Randles was in organizing the event and making it special. The family rooms are spacious and the kids were delighted to not have to share a bed (we had a king bed and two singles). The room had everything we could need including a large flat screen tv. My mothers room was a junior suite with an enclosed balcony and it was fabulous and great value. We are able to arrange some special touches in advance so that she was welcomed with prosecco and a 'Happy Birthday' platter with chocolates. She also had access to the executive lounge which is kept well stocked with nibbles and drinks throughout the day. We had the birthday dinner in the Terrace cafe as the River restaurant was in use for a Christmas party. While I was initially concerned about this it couldn't have worked out better. It's not as large as the restaurant and thankfully they don't pack it full of tables so we practically had it to ourselves and had lots of room. After the meal we were able to move to the comfy seating area at the end of the room to open gifts and relax. The meal was top notch and impressed everyone. It was a much higher caliber meal than I typically expect from a group menu. I also have to mention the staff who were so friendly and helpful....nothing was too much trouble. The facilities and location are excellent. On Saturday we were able to walk to King Johns Castle (highly recommended for families!) and the milk market before returning to the hotel to enjoy the swimming pool and sauna. All in all a wonderful weekend and a very happy birthday girl. Highly recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
strandmanager2015, Manager at Limerick Strand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017