“The best thing about Sunday!”

Reardons bar & restaurant
Ranked #163 of 317 Restaurants in Limerick
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Description: A warm cozy Irish pub near the historic lough gur lake. Serving excellent food from our grill seven days a week. Enjoy open fires and lazy afternoons with a wide selection of local cuisine, beers, wines, teas & coffees. An excellent games room is available for kids of all ages and lush beer garden for those summer days!
Reviewed 19 October 2016

The food is far superior to pub grub and a great price. Staff and management just lovely,.... helpful and efficient. Sunday roast like I never cooked it . Sunday lunch in Reardons of Holycross is what Sunday is about.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

We stumbled on this place driving to Lough Gur. It is a wonderful pub. I guess it is typical of Irish pub's but, in my mind, that is a fine compliment. We talked and talked with the manager and really enjoyed our meal and our Guinness (the wife had a lovely pint of cider).

1  Thank Robert R
Reviewed 18 September 2015

I arrived mid aftenoon when lunch had finished and I was hungry. The person there said that meals were finished but quickly added that she could make me a toasted sandwhich - wonderful service for my needs at the time and also gave me good instructions on how to get to some places.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

I did not know what to expect when we came on this place on a road trip. While the prices are reasonable, the food is not great. The service was sloppy and we were shown to a table that had a dessert bowl left by the last customer and we had to clear it ourselves. The table was never cleaned from the last occupiers. The Garlic Mushrooms batter was soggy and the mushrooms were black and shrivelled up. While the steak was good it was served with black mushrooms/onions underneath with black oily juices all over the bottom of the plate. They tasted bland and it did not look great. The pepper sauce did not taste at all like pepper and was full of starch and very thick. The chips came straight out of a freezer bag. My daughters Kids meal consisted of 3 Chicken Strips, one scoop of mash and nine chips. She said it was the smallest dinner she ever had! At that stage it was time to leave. We will not be back.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

I visited here on Sunday afternoon with my husband and 3 children for Sunday dinner. Our meals were presented beautifully and matched by the flavours and taste. The kids got goujons and mash and veg, while I got salmon and my husband got the beef. Couldnt fault any of the food and the waitress was very helpful. Great value at 56euros including soups for starters. Location of Reardons is great with parking and in close proximity to lough gur, bruff and the grange stone circle. Def worth the visit.

2  Thank Annemarie2404