All reviews into town for dinner great place to watch lovely little hotel lovely bar busy bar city centre great atmosphere main road the staff was friendly and helpful check in was easy no lift stayed two nights bar and restaurant friendly hotel breakfast room quiet room one night stay
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two nights at the end of a touring holiday of the south and southwest of Ireland. I was pleased by the quality of the room and the customer service. I emailed to ask for a quiet room a few days before our stay and got an immediate reply confirming they'd allocated us one. They left us plenty of tea coffee and milk unlike some places. Everything was clean, comfortable and well maintained. I nearly awarded 5 stars and I may be being a bit unfair but I downgraded one star for the restaurant. It was fine as pub restaurants go but pretty standard pike up the plate food. We did eat there both evenings so it was probably a bit more than acceptable but somehow the quality of the rooms wasn't matched by the restaurant.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane47uk
Reviewed 21 August 2018

This former large house has been converted to the Woodfield. Hence some of the areas are not to a high standard of soundproofing. We had an issue late Friday night with noise from a party just below our room window. It was the weekend when Limerick were playing in the Hurling Final so understandable. It did not on on much past midnight so not a big issue. The room was well equipped and comfortable, good reasonably priced food in the restaurant and a super breakfast. Parking is on hotel grounds, secure and lots of spaces. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Called here this evening with the family for a drink prior to going to the Gaelic grounds to celebrate the Limerick Hurlers homecoming. There was a brilliant atmosphere and the indoor and outdoor areas were very busy. I went up to the inside bar to order a drink and was shouted at by what I presume was the manager to get down the other side of the bar to order a drink as he needed space for the empty glasses...he was so rude and did not care less how he spoke to the paying customers. I will add the the staff behind the counter(wearing black shirts) were very friendly even though they were busy. Won't be back here as I don't need to be treated like a child and I'd suggest working on your customer service skills as i would not have minded moving to the other side of bar if asked politely!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2018

We stayed one night. Rooms small and in need of some tlc but clean and comfortable. We ate in the bar which was fine, the service was excellent. It takes about fifteen minutes to walk to the city centre. Overall a nice hotel with great staff.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela D
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Just went for lunch here after a game of golf. Have had lunch here about 6 times in the last year and the food is really good and excellent value for money. The service is really good and the speed of service is excellent. One little snag is that if you now dine outdoors, you have to order and pay at the counter which is a change from before. Obviously there is a valid reason for this. Today I had the smoked salmon on brown and it was delicious. The presentation was really colorful. The dressing on the salad was absolutely perfect and the white dressing on the salmon was really good too. I would suggest to cut back on the peppers in the salad. Highly recommend here for really excellent food and speedy service. Will definitely go again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends