“Lovely museum”

US$130.64*
Limerick, Cliffs of Moher, Burren and Galway Bay Rail Tour from Dublin
US$753.89*
and up
4-Day Ring of Kerry, Limerick, Cliffs of Moher, Galway and Connemara Rail Tour...
US$358.37*
and up
2-Day Western Ireland Tour from Dublin by Train: Limerick, Cliffs of Moher...
Ranked #3 of 113 things to do in Limerick
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hunt Museum houses one of Ireland's greatest private collections of art and antiquities, dating from the Neolithic to the 20th Century, including works by Renoir, Picasso and Yeats.
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

This is a beautiful museum, not a far walk from King John's Castle. The Hunt exhibits one of Ireland's greatest private collections of art and antiquities dating from the Neolithic period to the 20th century. It's open from 10-5 daily but pay attention to closing around the holidays. Sculptures in the garden are great as well.

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Incredible works by artists dating back millennia and incorporating artists ranging from old masters, to the greats of Ireland and many inbetween!

Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

To be honest I'm more of a art gallery type of person, but I decided to pay a visit at the Hunt museum and I was delighted! It's fun and interesting, and the feature that you're able to open the drawers to explore things adds to the experience! I can absolutely see how even kids could enjoy a visit at the museum!
While I was there they had a small exhibition made by school children in Limerick, which I really enjoyed!

Reviewed 3 December 2016

We spent one and a half hours here. It was an enjoyable visit - interesting to open the drawers and view the contents. We also visited the cafe and the food was good. Lovely shop but too expensive for our income and I would think many of the visitors.

Reviewed 25 November 2016

I have always wanted to visit the The Hunt Collection and I was not disappointed - the whole display, laid out over 3 floors was wonderful. The wishes of the Hunt family were adhered to, in that as much as possible of the Collection was displayed. We were offered a guided tour but chose to do it at our own pace. The whole display was clearly annotated. The Hunt family and their contribution to the city of Limerick was well referenced. A very suitable use of a fine old building. Allow plenty of time to be able to take in all the displays.