“Christmas Wedding 2010”

No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 13 January 2011

I could not have asked for a better venue,food,and service for our Wedding.From the moment we booked the No1 The Pery for our Wedding it went like clock work.Patricia, Terri & Alan pulled out all the stops & helped make it a very relaxed affair in the most stunning of venues.We looked for an elegant, stylish place with great food & wine for our 75 guests as we did not want a big hall with all the fuss.
I must also mention the great service from the staff with special mention to Christine & Mike.We shall be returning for lunch & dinner on a more regular basis.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2011

Thank you for such a wonderful review, and for mentioning our staff. Its very rewarding for us all to know we helped make your big day so special. Again we wish you many very happy and healthy years.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,072)

Reviewed 6 January 2011

we used a gift voucher to have lunch here. everything was fine in ordering our starter and main course. however, when we finished our main course we waited 30 mins before my partner had to ask a girl from reception to take our plates away. she took some of it away and took our orders of tea and coffee. we received them in good time but had no sugar and there was nobody around to ask for it. my partner had to move the remaining sideplates to another table. there was an table with empty water bottles and cups etc across from us which was in that state for an hour. somebody came over and removed a few items and left the rest there.

i stress that the staff were pleasant but the place wasn't busy and we didn't really know what to do since nobody would ask us did we want anything more. one door across from us opened to reception which meant we could hear people being greeted on their check in. why don;'t they close it?

the food itself wasn't bad but very overpriced, 14 euros for a main course and 6 or so for a started.

overall i would have been fuming if i hadn't been paying for this with a voucher. i wouldn't go back there, it was a bizarre experience which only needs a kick up the backside to improve it.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank McSween

Having read your review I am disappointed we let you down. Tables are not left uncleared for long and I apologise if you arrived just after a busy time. We feel main courses priced at €14 is good value for proper cooked to order Irish food but I take your comments on board. I hope you will give us another chance in the further to show you we do care and take pride in taking care of all guests to No 1.

Reviewed 4 January 2011

We had a short stay (2 nights) for a wedding at the hotel over Christmas 2010. The staff were excellent and the hotel beautiful. Nothing was too much trouble, from organizing a babysitter, preparing baby bowls pretty much on demand, accommodating guests and later earlier than expected and even looking for a lost dress ribbon.

The wedding was a great success thanks in no small part to the staff and management at the hotel. We also used the spa which was very relaxing and well run and the hotel is beside the Peoples Park with plenty of space and swings for an active 2 year old.

It is rare to find this combination of good, friendly, efficient service, great food and comfort.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Yes nothing is too much trouble we are only happy to look after our guests needs as much as we possibly can and thank you for the great review. Hope you can spend longer with us next time.

Reviewed 15 December 2010

I recently stayed for 3 nights at No 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa,what a faboulous stay we had. The Staff member on arrival Terri could not have been more friendly or helpful , she give us a full tour of the hotel on our way to the bedroom and informed us of meal times etc.she left no Questions unanswered.We had a huge bedroom in the Georgian section of the Hotel that just brought us back the Centuries.There was a large free standing bath in the middle of the bathroom with a huge walkin Rain showerat one end , just magnificant. We had a great view of Limerick People's Park from our bedroom window which had robes ,slippers etc.
The Spa was fanastic placed in the Old cellars of the building , I had one of the best Full Body Massages I have ever had again all the staff were superb.
The highlight of our stay was the food , we dined 2 times once in the Bar and once in the Restaurant Alan the Head Chef spoke to us and offered assistance in menu choice food was to die for.
One Pery Sq really is a home in the city all the staff we came in contact with were all helpful in recommeding what we should do in the Limerick area., I would like to thank Terri ,Christine & Patricia for looking after us so well. All the staff were extremely attentive and I would recomend this Hotel to anyone going to Limerick. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Delighted you enjoyed your time at no 1. Hope to see you again soon, we are running some great spring specials with lots of spa time!

Reviewed 14 December 2010

My huband and I stayed at the hotel for one night recently. The room we had was lovely. It was a little small, but it is in a historic building. The decor in the room was fantastic. There were no tea/coffee making facilities which I was disappointed with. When we arrived, we had no hot water in the bathroom at all. I called the front desk to ask them to remedy this problem. They never did and never gave an explanation. As a result, we had to take cold showers! Not ideal. The tv gets very few channels and there aren't very many bath products (just one shampoo and shower gel). We did have dinner in the restaurant and I was not too impressed. Although the wine list was extensive and the wine we got was very good. The food was good, but not fantastic. The menu was inventive, but the food didn't taste as good as the the description on the menu made it sound. As a result, I don't think I'd go back to the restaurant. I would stay again, but it wouldn't be my first choice of a hotel in Limerick.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Food1wine, Manager at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2010

I forgot to mention in my first response, we do offer complimentary tea and coffee to guests as personally i do not like the the typical tea/ coffee tray as its not fresh. The products we use are 50ml so there is enough for two persons but of course we can supply more on request, that's no problem.