“A friendly place to stay”

No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 16 January 2017

Our son treated us to an overnight stay at No. 1 Pery Square. It is a lovely hotel, very nice clean rooms and lovely friendly staff and the very best Irish breakfast. Wonderful sausages, bacon and pudding with great hot tea and toast. Really enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with lift access and overlooking the park if possible
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2017

Our sausages are made by local butcher/ farmer Michael O Loughlin and they go down well. Its great when guests have time to enjoy a leisurely breakfast at Sash. We are just about to introduce some new dishes on our menu such as spiced eggs, florentine and more.. We will have to tempt you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,051)

Reviewed 9 January 2017

I attended the spa in Perry Square with my mother on the run up to Christmas. The relaxation room and saunas etc. were lovely and the staff very friendly but the treatments were the worst I have ever received. A very bad body scrub followed by an even worse massage. All I can think of is that I must have been assigned a trainee. Both were extremely rushed also.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Bangles56
Reviewed 5 January 2017

This was a one-night stop on our way through Ireland, and I'm so glad we had the opportunity to stay here. At check-in, Damien greeted us and he was so friendly throughout our stay; he was incredibly personable and also gave us a small map to use to get around Limerick. The hotel itself is situated in a gorgeous neighborhood, and just catty corner to People's Park. I believe my husband and I stayed in the Lady Barrington room (one of the period-style rooms) up at the top of the stairs and adored it. The room and the hotel is beautifully preserved with lots of charm. Everything was clean and I had a nice rest. While we didn't get the chance to visit the restaurant, or patio dining area, it looked like a nice option. I would stay here again, no question.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing No 1 and Damien was only delighted to look after you both. We are lucky to have such a great location here in limericks historic Georgian quarter and where guests get to enjoy the wonderful peoples park

Reviewed 4 January 2017

My husband booked me in for a 3hr pregnancy package. Unfortunately it was one of my least favourite spa experiences. Being 8 months pregnant, I was really looking forward to a relaxing massage followed by a manicure and pedicure. The massage was far from relaxing and the manicure and pedicure were awful. Rita was lovely and extremely friendly but the nail polish used was thick and out of date resulting in it not drying. I had to get my nails done again the following day. The staff were friendly, but I couldn't say anything positive about the service and products. I will definitely not be returning

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank dandelion1979

We are very sorry to read your review and wished you had mentioned your dissatisfaction to Rita so she could recity / make changes to the massage. Pre natal massage is a bespoke treatment to each and every client . Our products are certainly not out of date as they move fast but our apologies if your mails did not dry, again we would have been very happy to fix this on the spot if we had known or we would have suggested same if we had an idea of your unhappiness. I hope some day you will return

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

My Family and I attended a Wedding at this cosy Hotel. It was a small wedding and the location suited it's size. (65 persons max)

What can I say the Hotel could not do enough for the Newly Weds as this was a hotel that pushed the limit on service.
As it was a wedding from start to finish which was a late one from what I saw everything was perfect.

The Ceremony was a little cramped but perfect.
The Food was amazing my only issue was the food was a little too hot very hard to eat ie soups. Otherwise perfect from staff that were very friendly and professional not to mention great cracking all round and could not do enough for you.
Well done there to all.

We then went to the function area while small it actually suited the guests that partied all night and morning.
My only complaint was the bar area does not have proper Guinness Taps only a mobile unit which is not what you get a great drink from.
Our hands were forced to lift bottles as the Black stuff ran out.

Did I mention this all went on on New Year's Eve which The hotel and the staff must be congratulated on the way they ran the day.

Overall a great place for a function that requires a cosy and relaxed atmosphere definitely recommend this venue.
I did not stay in this Hotel but regretted it...

On Street parking plenty off around and 5/9 minutes walk to city center and train station...

Worth a visit.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Weddings at Christmas time are very special and extra special at No 1 when the fire is roaring and the natural firs are on show. Thank you for your kind words on your experience and we hope to welcome you back on another occasion