“Afternoon Tea.”

No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 15 November 2016

My daughter and I visited No. 1 Pery Square for Afternoon Tea last weekend. It was a gorgeous experience. We loved the setting - beautiful Georgian drawing room with high ceilings, chandeliers, antique furniture etc.
The food was all beautiful and home made. I loved the smoked salmon on crackers and the cheese & pickled cucumber on brown soda bread. The little scones were to die for. Unfortunately we couldn't do justice to the top tier because we were so full! But I had the meringue kisses and the fruit cake, and my daughter had the chocolate cake and the sponge with lemon posset. All delicious.
The presentation was lovely - the 3-tier cake stand, the bowls of cream & jam, the silver teapot, the glass of Prosecco on arrival. The only thing that I felt let it down was the mismatched china. Full matching sets would have been nicer.
I loved the character of the bathroom, and I understand the attempt to have it in keeping with the building but I was shocked at the presence of a hand towel - surely unhygienic? And the plastic bottle of Cien handsoap definitely let the tone down!
Just small things that could be righted, but didn't spoil our enjoyment of a beautiful treat.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2016

Thank you for visiting and enjoying our La Maison Pery afternoon tea. Delighted to read you enjoyed the food so much. From the 1st of December we will be offering festive afternoon tea in both the drawing room and park room here at No 1. We use the mis match vintage china as we find ladies in particular love to tell the stories about the different collections of china that once may have been in their homes or indeed grannys homes. We use a Irish organic soap product in our bathroom but on your visit we had just run out and awaiting a delivery. Again thank you for your lovely comments and hope to see you soon again

Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Really nice atmosphere also for pre-dinner drinks. Service when we arrived was very poor, but improved as the dinner went on. Had the "pigtown special" which was probably the worst meal I've had anywhere. The sea trout arrived without any potatoes as everything else is ordered and charged separately and expensive.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank diamondderek
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2016

Very disapointed to read your review and to hear you didn't enjoy the pig town choucroute. The pig town choucroute draws on the food heritage of our city and of course been a very Pork heavy dish its not for everyone. We would have very much welcomed your feedback on the evening when Siobhan checked on your table. The trout was a special at the weekend and we received great feedback and I hope you enjoyed it too. As it was a special Chef Tim designed the dish with celeriacm Hazelnut puree etc.. We would of course welcome the opportunity to hear what you didn't like about the dish and sorry that you didn't share your taught's with us directly so we could have offered you an alternative

Reviewed 13 November 2016

Had a wonderful stay. Will definitely return. I couldn't praise the staff highly enough, they were all super, but in particular Damien. I lost a very treasured ear ring while staying in 1 Pery Square & to my eternal gratitude, when I phoned to check if I'd lost in the hotel Damien not only reassured me it had been found, but he dropped it off to where I was staying on Saturday night. Thank you Damien.

Room Tip: Rooms can be a little warm at night, turn off heating before going to sleep.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

We were so happy to find the owner of that beautiful earring and Damien was only delighted to be able to get it to you. It was lovely to have you all celebrate @ No 1 and we wish you all a wonderful Spring wedding. Look forward to having you return soon

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

Fabulous spay day had in this hotel...had neck shoulders and back massage with free access to the thermal suite...amazing massage by Katie...such friendly girl and such relaxing atmosphere....place is beautiful and they couldn't do enough for you. Defo will be returning here.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends

Everyone needs to plan a spa escape from time to time. Thank you for choosing our Voya organic spa for your time and your kind words on our wonderful Katie. Watch out for our new winter special will be released next week.

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

You cannot beat the location, it's a quiet area but only a 5 min walk to the city centre. The rooms are lovely and the shower in particular is fab. The check in staff are very friendly & helpful. The bar area is a lovely place to relax over a few drinks. However there is a but coming! The thermal suite isn't much to write home about, a sauna and a steam room (which was cold!) and a foot bath and that's about it. (However the treatments are nice) The big let down was the restaurant, the food was average and the service was very bad, especially at breakfast time. On Saturday Morning we were waiting 20mins for milk! The coffee is so weak I thought it was tea and so I ordered an Americano which was like rocket fuel it was so strong and bitter. (Same thing both mornings) We had dinner included in our package so we ate in the restaurant on the Saturday night. The menu was quite limited especially the starters and again the food was ok and service was average.

Overall i had a lovely stay and would recommend this hotel. However I wouldn't eat dinner at the hotel restaurant again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2016

Thank you for choosing to stay here in limericks Georgian quarter, we are lucky to have such a peaceful location but yet just 5 minutes from the hustle and bustle. Our spa has 8 treatment rooms and includes a herbal cocoon, Aroma steam, Coal bunker sauna, Sole pools for your feet, Irish Mist showers and a great snooze room to relax in pre and post treatment. We do not offer a pool or other water facilities or advertise such facilities. We do recommend guests arrive up to 1.5- 2 hours prior to treatment to ensure guests have sufficient time to relax. I am so sorry if you milk was not delivered when it should at breakfast. On your next return I hope we can have the opportunity to take care of you both and thank you for recommending us to friends and family.