“Wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa

No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
County Dublin, Ireland
“Wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2016

Had a wonderful stay. Will definitely return. I couldn't praise the staff highly enough, they were all super, but in particular Damien. I lost a very treasured ear ring while staying in 1 Pery Square & to my eternal gratitude, when I phoned to check if I'd lost in the hotel Damien not only reassured me it had been found, but he dropped it off to where I was staying on Saturday night. Thank you Damien.

Room Tip: Rooms can be a little warm at night, turn off heating before going to sleep.
  • Stayed November 2016, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 November 2016
We were so happy to find the owner of that beautiful earring and Damien was only delighted to be able to get it to you. It was lovely to have you all celebrate @ No 1 and we wish you all a wonderful Spring wedding. Look forward to having you return soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

Fabulous spay day had in this hotel...had neck shoulders and back massage with free access to the thermal suite...amazing massage by Katie...such friendly girl and such relaxing atmosphere....place is beautiful and they couldn't do enough for you. Defo will be returning here.

Stayed November 2016, travelled with friends
Everyone needs to plan a spa escape from time to time. Thank you for choosing our Voya organic spa for your time and your kind words on our wonderful Katie. Watch out for our new winter special will be released next week.
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

You cannot beat the location, it's a quiet area but only a 5 min walk to the city centre. The rooms are lovely and the shower in particular is fab. The check in staff are very friendly & helpful. The bar area is a lovely place to relax over a few drinks. However there is a but coming! The thermal suite isn't much to write home about, a sauna and a steam room (which was cold!) and a foot bath and that's about it. (However the treatments are nice) The big let down was the restaurant, the food was average and the service was very bad, especially at breakfast time. On Saturday Morning we were waiting 20mins for milk! The coffee is so weak I thought it was tea and so I ordered an Americano which was like rocket fuel it was so strong and bitter. (Same thing both mornings) We had dinner included in our package so we ate in the restaurant on the Saturday night. The menu was quite limited especially the starters and again the food was ok and service was average.

Overall i had a lovely stay and would recommend this hotel. However I wouldn't eat dinner at the hotel restaurant again.

Stayed November 2016, travelled with friends
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 November 2016
Thank you for choosing to stay here in limericks Georgian quarter, we are lucky to have such a peaceful location but yet just 5 minutes from the hustle and bustle. Our spa has 8 treatment rooms and includes a herbal cocoon, Aroma steam, Coal bunker sauna, Sole pools for your feet, Irish Mist showers and a great snooze room to relax in pre and post treatment. We do not offer a pool or other water facilities or advertise such facilities. We do recommend guests arrive up to 1.5- 2 hours prior to treatment to ensure guests have sufficient time to relax. I am so sorry if you milk was not delivered when it should at breakfast. On your next return I hope we can have the opportunity to take care of you both and thank you for recommending us to friends and family.
Dungarvan, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed as a couple here in September, the room was fab and the staff were great, we have stayed here before so we knew what to expect.
Lovely room and a huge bathroom so we were very comfortable.
The only let down this visit was the food in the dining room! When we arrived there were a few tables already seated, we were quickly shown to a table.
There was only one gentleman serving, clearing and taking orders, he was run off his feet. I ordered the mushroom risotto it was a really peculiar colour and I couldn't see or taste the cheese that was supposed to be in it. We ordered wine and I ordered sprite to put in it as I like a spritzer, wine arrived and my husband had drank his first glass by the time I managed to catch the waiters eye and remind him I was still waiting for the sprite. My husband had the creme brûlée and it was cold obviously just taken from the fridge and served, the biscuit that was served with it was set into it, I prefer my creme brûlée caramelised just before it's served up!
Breakfast the following morning was served by a lovely lady, we have met her before when staying her, breakfast was lovely.
We enjoyed our stay but will find somewhere else to eat if we stay again.

Stayed September 2016, travelled as a couple
Thank you for returning and your lovely words on your room and our staff. We are disappointed to read you did not enjoy your food. The Wild mushroom risotto with the little milk company has been a big hit this autumn but I can understand the colours are possibly not the most appealing. the brulee is taken from the fridge and then caramelised for a crisp topping. I do apologise if the staff on the evening seemed rushed, on the odd occasion we get a lot more walk in guests without reservations, typically a higher percentage would have made reservations. I hope when you return you will mention your previous experience so we can take care of you at Sash. Kathleen says hello and thank you for your comments on breakfast. Wishing you and your family a peaceful Christmas
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2016

This is a gem of a hotel in avery quiet and pretty area of Limerick. Every single staff member that we interacted with was exceptional, particularly the front desk group who helps us sort out a credit card fraud issue and saved us considerable headaches. Lovely on site restaurant with excellent food and wine, secure parking and a charming bar with an excellent selection of Irish whi skies. The room was very comfortable and well appointed.

Room Tip: We were very pleased with theYeats Suite.
  • Stayed October 2016, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for such kinds words on our staff and we were only delighted to be able to help with your card. Next visit you will enjoy one of our period rooms and more time for our Voya organic Spa. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us